The Student Room Group

Work Experience Ideas For Gap Year Student

Hi TSR,

I'm an 18 year-old on a gap year before going to university in October 2016 to study Physics and Philosophy.

I'm applying to Oxford and they want gap year students to participate in science-related activities to show a deep interest in science (which I have) and also to make sure I don't get too rusty before going into my first year.

Long shot I know but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of any science-related (preferably in areas similar to physics, engineering, technology or somewhere cool like a video games company/science journalism) internships or work experience I should look into?

I have no previous work experience (apart from two weeks at KPMG when I was 16) but I do have a good academic record (A*A*A*A at A2 (maths, f maths, physics, history), 5 As at AS and 12 A*s at GCSE), plus the extra things like Grade 8, winning a national cryptography competition, being a scout etc.

I'm free between January 1st 2016 and September 2016 and am ideally looking for anything between a day and a month's experience (would extend this if it was a really cool job).

Thanks
Where are you looking to participate, in England or abroad?
Reply 2
Original post by fasteddy
Where are you looking to participate, in England or abroad?

Anywhere I can possibly get some work!

Quick Reply

Latest