The Student Room Group

Those who have an Occupational/Organisation Psychology MSc - Where are you working

(Hope this is in the best place, more interested in the employment aspect rather than the actual study on the degree).

So I'm currently a third year psychology student with a million ideas in my head concerning what I want to do at the end of this year. One possibility is studying further in Occupational/Organisational Psychology - in the hope of then working in business. However, a worry I have is studying for this MSc and then being unable to find work. While I know what someone with this MSc can possibly do, I'm really searching for inspiration - I'm interested in what members here who has studied this have gone on to do.

Thanks for any help :smile:
Hello,

I'm a psychology graduate. I graduated in 2013 in Psychology and went straight into full time employment. Firstly with the NHS, coordinating an assessment process for trainee doctors, and currently with Network Rail as a projects administrator for infrastructure improvements. Most masters ask for work experience first, so it may be tricky getting on to one. I'm applying for Occ Psych this year after deciding it's what I want to do. Afterward the MSc I'm thinking about going into consultancy.
Reply 2
Original post by matt795130
Hello,

I'm a psychology graduate. I graduated in 2013 in Psychology and went straight into full time employment. Firstly with the NHS, coordinating an assessment process for trainee doctors, and currently with Network Rail as a projects administrator for infrastructure improvements. Most masters ask for work experience first, so it may be tricky getting on to one. I'm applying for Occ Psych this year after deciding it's what I want to do. Afterward the MSc I'm thinking about going into consultancy.

That's interesting, I haven't seen many courses that ask for work experience (looking at Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, UCL), I have also got some relevant experience anyway, interning for a business psychologist in the summer :smile: Where are you thinking of applying to?
Original post by Steerm
That's interesting, I haven't seen many courses that ask for work experience (looking at Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, UCL), I have also got some relevant experience anyway, interning for a business psychologist in the summer :smile: Where are you thinking of applying to?

Hi, did you guys end up getting into that field? How was your experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending