The Student Room Group

When is an acceptable time to start decorating for Christmas?

Personally I think as soon as it hits December, it's time for Christmas decorations to go up :cracker:

What do you think? And if you're at uni, will you and your flatmates be decorating in halls? :xmasgrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Second week of December, in my opinion!
First weekend in December is pretty standard. Mine normally go up a week before Xmas because I don't like Xmas generally and finally get forced into putting them up.
After going to the light switch-on/Christmas market yesterday, I really want to start decorating for Christmas now :moon:
I will start tomorrow considering i've finished my xmas shopping!
Christmas is a very sad time for me so never.
I usually decorated in the second week of December ^.^
Christmas eve is both traditional and quite soon enough.
Reply 8
I'm one of those annoying people that would be fine with decorations going up in September :tongue: though generally I would say any time after 1st December is acceptable.
A relative has hers up now.
Reply 10
After 1st December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
December 20th, earliest.
i think the 1st of december. my mom puts them up on the 12th of december every year and it frustrated me so much as a kid
Reply 13
Mid-day Xmas Eve. No earlier.
Original post by Simes
Mid-day Xmas Eve. No earlier.

Oooh, edgy. I'd have said that, but then I didn't want to run the risk of being outed as the anti-patriotic, British-value-desecrating, St George's Flag-****ting, happy-holidays-espousing Muslamic-ray-gun-carrying blasphemer that I am.
(edited 8 years ago)
End of November/beginning of December

Posted from TSR Mobile
December 26th
Deffo not november but I've seen people decorate as earlier as September. IMO Dec 1st is the appropriate time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Hashim123
Oooh, edgy. I'd have said that, but then I didn't want to run the risk of being outed as the anti-patriotic, British-value-desecrating, St George's Flag-****ting, happy-holidays-espousing Muslamic-ray-gun-carrying blasphemer that I am.

I wasn't kidding. I put the Xmas decs up no earlier than Xmas Eve afternoon.

I'm usually fed up to the back teeth with Xmas by December.
Original post by Simes
I wasn't kidding. I put the Xmas decs up no earlier than Xmas Eve afternoon.

I'm usually fed up to the back teeth with Xmas by December.

:laugh:

I don't mind it so much nowadays, I just found it annoying back in college that there's at least a two-month run up to Christmas with at least a week off, and the only time we get to even start thinking about Eid is a few days before max, and then have to be back in the day after.

Quick Reply

Latest