The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

2016 English Literature with Creative Writing Applicants

Hi!

I've just received an offer for English Lit with Creative Writing and I wanted to see who else has applied/plans to apply/has an offer for this course so we can get to know each other and chat! I can only find last year's thread, so I thought I'd make a new one for 2016 applicants :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, nice to meet you
I've also been stalking last year threads so well done for starting one I wasn't brave enough haha
I have an offer from UEA and have also applied to warwick for creative writing along with some unis for plain old english. wbu?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by markini1375
Hi there, nice to meet you
I've also been stalking last year threads so well done for starting one I wasn't brave enough haha
I have an offer from UEA and have also applied to warwick for creative writing along with some unis for plain old english. wbu?

Hey! I've got the UEA offer, and an offer for English and American Literature at Kent. I've applied for straight English at Southampton, Royal Holloway and Sussex and haven't heard anything yet, but UEA was my favourite choice :smile:
Original post by emmathereader
Hey! I've got the UEA offer, and an offer for English and American Literature at Kent. I've applied for straight English at Southampton, Royal Holloway and Sussex and haven't heard anything yet, but UEA was my favourite choice :smile:

nice :smile:
I've heard great things about the course at UEA bit missed the boat on the whole open day thing and I haven't seen the actual university - have you had a look round?
nice :smile:
I've heard great things about the course at UEA bit missed the boat on the whole open day thing and I haven't seen the actual university - have you had a look round?

I have, I've been twice - once for an open day and once for a sixth form conference. Are you planning on going to an applicant day to see it then?
Oh cool, what did you think? Yeah I'm going to an applicant day in February I think. Are you going to go or have you seen it enough?
I'm definitely going to go again - just selecting which date to go to.
I really liked the uni. A lot of people comment on the 'concrete', but I thought it was a kind of charming place, and it is rather lovely by the lake - I think if you don't have anything against concrete it's a nice place. I've always liked Norwich and I think it was just a place I could see myself studying.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm definitely going to go again - just selecting which date to go to.
I really liked the uni. A lot of people comment on the 'concrete', but I thought it was a kind of charming place, and it is rather lovely by the lake - I think if you don't have anything against concrete it's a nice place. I've always liked Norwich and I think it was just a place I could see myself studying.

Oh cool maybe I will see you there. I think im going in February.
The pictures of campus look really nice and who doesn't like a bit of concrete anyway? Do you live quite near to Norwich then? I've never been.
Oh cool maybe I will see you there. I think im going in February.
The pictures of campus look really nice and who doesn't like a bit of concrete anyway? Do you live quite near to Norwich then? I've never been.

I'm going in December now - wanted to go to the February date but it is the same as Kent's :frown: I don't live that near to Norwich but I do live relatively close to London (in Hertfordshire) so the train journey there is quite simple. My family have gone on holiday to Norfolk a lot so I am familiar with the general area. Are you nearby or is it a long journey?
I'm going in December now - wanted to go to the February date but it is the same as Kent's :frown: I don't live that near to Norwich but I do live relatively close to London (in Hertfordshire) so the train journey there is quite simple. My family have gone on holiday to Norfolk a lot so I am familiar with the general area. Are you nearby or is it a long journey?

Shame - is Kent good? I haven't gone to see it either...
Yeah I live in sussex so its just the same as your journey plus an hour or so into London so I don't know how much that is overall.
I just got nice little booklet from UEA saying welcome and come to us etc, did you get one too?
Shame - is Kent good? I haven't gone to see it either...
Yeah I live in sussex so its just the same as your journey plus an hour or so into London so I don't know how much that is overall.
I just got nice little booklet from UEA saying welcome and come to us etc, did you get one too?

I liked Kent's campus a lot - quite pretty, relatively large compared to the others I've visited - and I adore Canterbury as a location.
Ah, so you'd travel up to London then take the same route to Norwich. I have a short-ish train journey into London too, but from the other direction.
I've not had the booklet yet, I'll keep an eye open for it and hope it comes tomorrow :smile:
Hi! Is anyone applying to Warwick, Royal Holloway or Birmingham?
Original post by Pandorax

I've applied to Royal Holloway for English (not with Creative Writing: UEA is the only place I applied for that :smile: )
I've applied to Royal Holloway for English (not with Creative Writing: UEA is the only place I applied for that :smile: )

Aaah damnit! xD Creative writing course requires a prompt, but I'm confused about how to submit it/when you should ;-;
But English is still cool! :biggrin: Have you received a response yet?
Aaah damnit! xD Creative writing course requires a prompt, but I'm confused about how to submit it/when you should ;-;
But English is still cool! :biggrin: Have you received a response yet?

Sorry I couldn't help! Nope, no response from RHUL yet - they haven't actually passed on my application to the department yet because I have to fill out a load of disability forms for them first (I'm getting kinda frustrated at them tbh).
Sorry I couldn't help! Nope, no response from RHUL yet - they haven't actually passed on my application to the department yet because I have to fill out a load of disability forms for them first (I'm getting kinda frustrated at them tbh).

Aaah, that's annoying! :frown: Hopefully they will soon! Just out of interest, do you have a favourite genre? o:
Aaah, that's annoying! :frown: Hopefully they will soon! Just out of interest, do you have a favourite genre? o:

Ooh, don't make me choose!!! There's too many!
In all seriousness, my guilty pleasure is crime fiction/psychological thrillers, and I am a fan of the Gothic :smile:
Ooh, don't make me choose!!! There's too many!
In all seriousness, my guilty pleasure is crime fiction/psychological thrillers, and I am a fan of the Gothic :smile:

Ooooo I love the same genres, but specifically gothic and horror! :biggrin:D

Hi there,
I have applied to warwick but haven't heard anything back from them about sending off a portfolio or whatever. Have you?
Hi there,
I have applied to warwick but haven't heard anything back from them about sending off a portfolio or whatever. Have you?

Woo, I finally meet someone who is applying to the same uni! :biggrin: And nope, I haven't heard back from Warwick either. I'm assuming it takes them awhile to narrow down seeing as they are pretty much no.1 for the course. I'm currently creating my portfolio, but cutting down into the page limit is very troubling! Have you started making your portfolio yet? Also, do you know what the interview will be like? D: I'm hoping it will just be questions via email ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending