The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Pretty easy. Much easier than vectors.

Haha, I've finished the chapter. I enjoyed matrices quite a bit actually, but I've got some serious revision to do on loci and vectors.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Haha, I've finished the chapter. I enjoyed matrices quite a bit actually, but I've got some serious revision to do on loci and vectors.

I need to cram it and some other stuff tonight in order to meet tomorrow's targets. "eek"

What did you think about it?
Reply 82
I need to cram it and some other stuff tonight in order to meet tomorrow's targets. "eek"

What did you think about it?

I found it straightforward and fun to do, but I'm failing so see the "pure" aspect of it - it seems like it's rote learning to me. I love saying "eigenvector", though. :tongue: Definitely better than vectors. I will definitely need to practice FP3 (and some FP2 as well) after my Jan exams.
Reply 83
If anyone's interested, ExamSolutions started doing video solutions of June 2014 FP3.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I found it straightforward and fun to do, but I'm failing so see the "pure" aspect of it - it seems like it's rote learning to me. I love saying "eigenvector", though. :tongue: Definitely better than vectors. I will definitely need to practice FP3 (and some FP2 as well) after my Jan exams.

What Jan exams do you have? Another international? :h: Good luck.

As opposed to something like reduction formulae? :wink:
Original post by Euclidean
I won't be sitting STEP this year although I intend to have a go at a few papers when the past paper grind gets dull.

In total I will have sat 18 exams over two years with 3 a levels in maths :beard:.

I was going to find some STEP vectors questions in the hope that they might spark some interest in vectors for me. At the moment it's my least enjoyable part of maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a good idea :biggrin: past papers can get very boring, especially the stats ones

youre doing AFM as well? are your alevels just maths? (lucky you :tongue:)

even less enjoyable than the binomial expansion work in Core 4? :laugh:
Original post by DylanJ42
Sounds like a good idea :biggrin: past papers can get very boring, especially the stats ones

And Physics I think.
And Physics I think.

hes doing 4 full alevels in 2 years, very impressive :u:

Lol i knw someone wjo did 8 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what your mumma said when I whipped it out
Reply 90
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

They told me 4 was crazy when I entered sixth form lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

8!!! how can someone even pick 8 they are interested in doing, never mind are capable of doing :laugh:

What subjects, out of interest?
8!!! how can someone even pick 8 they are interested in doing, never mind are capable of doing :laugh:

What subjects, out of interest?

I met him at Fitz and speak to him fairly frequently.
Maths FM, Additonal FM,Physics, French, Computing,ICT and EPQ
6A*s 2A's.
Aswell as Joint highest score in STEP III 😂. SSS overall obvs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I met him at Fitz and speak to him fairly frequently.
Maths FM, Additonal FM,Physics, French, Computing,ICT and EPQ
6A*s 2A's.
Aswell as Joint highest score in STEP III 😂. SSS overall obvs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

holy god that's unbelievable :eek4:

was the highest score 120 or is that next to impossible in III? How close was he to 360/360 do you know?
holy god that's unbelievable :eek4:

was the highest score 120 or is that next to impossible in III? How close was he to 360/360 do you know?

U can see the histogram for III 2014. A few people get 119-120 each year but ive never heard of it tbh. 120/120 in III this year someone got i think.
He got 115 in III(highest in 2014) then like 110,110 or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of, although I wouldn't class physics as maths (the maths in physics A Level annoys me)

Binomial expansion is a grind but easy marks :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
U can see the histogram for III 2014. A few people get 119-120 each year but ive never heard of it tbh. 120/120 in III this year someone got i think.
He got 115 in III(highest in 2014) then like 110,110 or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

on the cambridge website? or what do I search for, I'm interested to see it (off topic, I seen the MAT score distribution, quite positively skewed, (if my S1 knowledge is correct))

Its scary how good some people can be :afraid:

Highest score in STEP III 2016 is up for grabs :wink:
on the cambridge website? or what do I search for, I'm interested to see it (off topic, I seen the MAT score distribution, quite positively skewed, (if my S1 knowledge is correct))

Just need to put in work my son
Original post by Euclidean
Kind of, although I wouldn't class physics as maths (the maths in physics A Level annoys me)

Binomial expansion is a grind but easy marks :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, FM, AFM and physics, shame physics is there to ruin it :laugh:

Yea the alevel physics equations are a joke if you do maths honestly. All physics seems to involve is mindlessly plugging values into equations and learning details of experiments. It's quite sad really, it could have been so much more

a) partial fractions
b) binomial

is enough to kill a man :rofl:

Google STEP explanation of results '20XX' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending