The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

When do we pick our colleges at Lancaster???

Hi, So today i got an offer for computer science :smile::smile: I was just wondering when we pick what college we belong too?...also any recommendations???:curious::curious:
You pick when you apply for accommodation around June time. I would recommend picking a college that is quite central- don't pick Cartmel or Lonsdale as they are far away from pretty much everything.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks...are you at Lancaster or thinking of applying??
Original post by apatel245
Thanks...are you at Lancaster or thinking of applying??

I am a first year at Lancaster
I heard Grizedale is the place most people want to get into so i'll apply there and to Furness I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Grizedale and Furness are the smaller of the colleges on campus, and are quite popular because of their locations on campus.

As a member of Furness I feel quite patriotic to the college and obliged to recommend it :P Honestly, with the colleges it's largely about what you put into the experience. From my experience, Furness is quite a small (and thus close) community in comparison to some of the bigger colleges, but if you get involved in any of the colleges you'll find a community of people to make friends with.

The biggest deciding factor is about location - whether you want to be somewhere more central or would prefer to be in a quieter part of campus (southwest, i.e. Cartmel/Lonsdale/Pendle) - and the kind of accommodation you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending