The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im firmed D102 - veterinary gateway. so ill see u in london woooo
Reply 2
heya, ive confirmed D100 and my offer is AAB.....hopefully see you all next year :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah will do. Suprised not many other people have replied yet..... still making decisions?
I can't bring myself to do it...I'm actually thinking of tossing a coin :biggrin:
Reply 5
anyone know when the deadline is?
Reply 6
It depends on your UCAS track. Mine said it was the 3rd of May. May be the same, I'm not entirely sure, but check your UCAS, it will say in a small box on the left if you haven't already replied to your offers yet.
Reply 7
D100. Offer of AAA.
Reply 8
Yey!! You picked the right Uni guys/girls, make sure you get those grades now!! Assuming I pass the first year I'll see you guys in september/october, I'm guessing you guys have all heard about the "Mummies and Daddies" thing?? If any of you are unfortunate enough to be in my tutor group you may want to grow yourself a liver before you get here :P Anyway, back to the point, you'll love it, London is expensive but there is such a big range of things to do, even just in camden, and you get the biggest variety of clubs and societies for a vet school!! Also, and ultimately most importantly, when people ask you what Uni you go to you can say "the ROYAL Veterinary college!!!".
Reply 9
yeah Oren, i love london, such an amazing place, can't wait to start in september. do u know when term starts in september? i'm filling out my student loan application and it requires the start date for term. oh and RVC ammended my offer to AB in bio and chem, because i did A2 maths a year early and got an A.
Reply 10
Hi, Im starting at RVC in sept - on the grad course though so not sure if I will be with everyone for lectures but I am sure I will c ppl around!!
Reply 11
hey, im gona be starting in sept too. i deferred my place last year so i am on a gap year at the moment and have spent a whole year looking forward to it!!

DartsOfPleasure: i was in exactly the same predicament as you last year wih the same grades offers as wel...i think i made the right choice
Reply 12
mojo_06
hey, im gona be starting in sept too. i deferred my place last year so i am on a gap year at the moment and have spent a whole year looking forward to it!!

DartsOfPleasure: i was in exactly the same predicament as you last year wih the same grades offers as wel...i think i made the right choice

are you going for the D100 or D101 course?
Reply 13
Hey as to when term starts, I just put september and no set date!!!
Reply 14
ah all rite then, i'll just leave that blank and tell them when i get a letter saying when - that is should i get the grades
Reply 15
where is everyone going to apply for accommodation when they send us the details and forms etc?! i dont really know much about either College Grove or Mary B apart from reading other threads on TSR....anyone been around either of them and if so what were they like?
Reply 16
well i think in the letter they give a preference list of accommodation - if so im putting college grove first and mary b second. mite not get either cos i live just outside london. i wonder when we'll get letter about accommodation....
Reply 17
i'm on the D100 course, i did think bout the d101, bt then i thought that maybe if wanted to do the extra degree i could change later on if i changed my mind

about accommodation, i think they will start sendin out letters towards the end of the month, as i emailed them recently cos i didnt want them to forget about me as i am on a gap year, bt i dont know how likely it'll be that i'll get halls cos i live in harrow!
Reply 18
College grove is less modern than MB, has all the international students (which could be good or bad depending on your fondness of foreign things!! must say though most of my mates aren't from the UK!!), is 2minutes walk from the lecture theatre, close to the museum (essential for revision of dissection!!) however has less people overall (100 compared to a few hundred in MB, therefore more people you might get on with!!!), MB has a common tv area which is pathetically small but essential throughout this years ashes (even though I didnt live there), also has more parties (simply because there are more people!!).

Anyway theres a quick summary, also in CG you only pay £15 for internet whereas a basic internet package from MB is £7.99 a week, I think, might be month, not too clued in, tis expensive though!! Wherever you stay you'll make mates, more important is probably what societies you join and your tutor group.
RVC for me too - offer of ABB for the D100 am so excited:biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending