The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ohh well done.:smile:
Reply 21
lil_dreamer
RVC for me too - offer of ABB for the D100 am so excited:biggrin: :biggrin:

yeah, well done - see u in september hopefully!
im applying to vet med this september and im 4rm northern ireland and im def applying to edinburgh,liverpool,glasow nd im stuck between rvc nd bristol!rvc appeals to me more but im worried bout the cost of living!hope ne current rvc vets cud give an idea of wat its like in london!cheers
Reply 23
i may not be an RVC student, but i live just outside london and I can tell u now, london is AMAZING! the variety of different places to go, see, explore - its just great. night life is just unparalleled in my opinion, the absolut ice bar is probably one of the best. yes it is a bit pricey, and camden (in some respects) has a bit of a reputation, but the city life is just so wonderful. bristol is GOOD, my friend is in her 1st year of a vet degree there, and i've been over a few times. it is damn hilly, and nightlife is SOMEWHAT limited to only 2 or 3 really good bars/clubs, but the city is nice, undergoing a lot of urban redevelopment and will soon be an amazing place to live. RVC is my firm and bristol is my insurance, and they are very good in terms of what the offer you for entrance, and looking after you as a person. Yes at RVC u will be with vets only (so i think - current students help me out here!) but if u have friends hu are going to uni in london, then u can always meet up with them, the student halls are actually quite close to each other (that i do know!) so it's easy to meet and meet other people. At bristol u're put into intercollegiate halls and mix with a lot of different people, which is good, but that's only for 1 year definitely.

Hopefully this helps donalfegan, i've tried 2 give u a balanced overview of both places as best i can from what i know from my friend in bristol and living here in london. good luck with your application in september - the 5 u have shortlisted are very good, and have a reputation for being very good.
Hiya! Wow! I'm going to the RVC in september on the gateway couse - can't wait! Hopefully see you all there!:smile:
yea i've chosen rvc gateway program as my firm.
Reply 26
Hey guys, e_s_emsie has created a group on facebook called RVC 2007 Entry Hopefuls, if you have facebook, add yourselves to that group. yeah i know, facebook is the scourge of revision, but it's for a gd cause - future friends!

Latest