The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hi, im in the same situation as you, however i was thinking of doing general studies full A level since I have already done the AS this year. I am also planning on doing AS Level further maths and not the full A level since I reckon would be a bit too much pressure and not enough time. Im going to college to learn it since there is no way i can teach myself or get a private tutor. What about you? What A levels are you doing if you dont mind me asking?
From what I've heard, Critical Thinking isn't as much work as other subjects, which is why it's usually taken as an extra, and further maths shouldn't be too bad either if you do well in normal maths, so I don't think you should have too many problems as long as you put the work in. When you take the exams depends on whether you'd rather focus all your efforts on one subject at a time or do them both together to give yourself a bit of variety. You could also bear in mind that if you take one subject at a time, you'll be able to do both AS and A2 resits in one if needed, but none in the other, whereas if you do them both together, you'll be able to do AS resits in both but no A2 resits.
Reply 3
the subjects I am studying at A level are; Maths, english lit, philosophy and ethics. I know the whole general studies thing is silly, but i guess im doing it for the sake of it. What modules do you think your gonna take up in further maths?
Reply 4
Anything is possible. If it were me I would struggle with some of the maths and not know where to turn. Having a teacher around is always handy...

Whereas, something like Biology for example, you just memorise the stuff, you don't need a teacher to help you.
Reply 5
You can't do all A2 modules in January, so you'll have to keep that in mind after checking availability.

Latest