The Student Room Group

Is this the case for other people?

So you're out, painting the town red with your uni pals and low and behold you run into someone on your course. You rarely know them, but for this one night you're best friends. Then the next day, you're lucky to get a head nod when you pass each other in the library.

Happened to me countless times and it's all just a little confusing. This happen to anyone else, or is it just something weird that happens exclusively to me?
Original post by The Wavefunction
So you're out, painting the town red with your uni pals and low and behold you run into someone on your course. You rarely know them, but for this one night you're best friends. Then the next day, you're lucky to get a head nod when you pass each other in the library.

Happened to me countless times and it's all just a little confusing. This happen to anyone else, or is it just something weird that happens exclusively to me?

Yeah... this happens, it's not just you. Do you try actually talking to them? :beard: Maybe they feel awkward and they're wondering why you only gave them a head nod and are wondering they same thing. :lol:

The other thing that happens is when you're at a party and someone bounces up to you like "Hey [your name]!! How are you?!?" and then they start chatting about something that happened or whatever and you have no. idea. who. they. are. But they know your name. And your course. So you have to stand there and awkwardly pretend like you know what's going on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Yeah... this happens, it's not just you. Do you try actually talking to them? :beard: Maybe they feel awkward and they're wondering why you only gave them a head nod and are wondering they same thing. :lol:

The other thing that happens is when you're at a party and someone bounces up to you like "Hey [your name]!! How are you?!?" and then they start chatting about something that happened or whatever and you have no. idea. who. they. are. But they know your name. And your course. So you have to stand there and awkwardly pretend like you know what's going on.

Well, I'll be friendly towards them, ask them how they are etc but rarely do people stop, and then it just gets awkward! Haha

Yeah, been there. It's amazing how many people know your name that you've never talked to before.

Quick Reply

Latest