The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Considering uni here in 2016

Hello, I am considering uni here in 2016 to take computer science. Just a few questions if anyone can help me! Firstly, what is the area like? nightlife etc. Second, how easy is it to get a part time job as a student in the area? and finially what is the accommodation like? I particularly like 'fferm penglais', what is this accommodation like to live in? thanks for any help you can give :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ultimaterob97
Hello, I am considering uni here in 2016 to take computer science. Just a few questions if anyone can help me! Firstly, what is the area like? nightlife etc. Second, how easy is it to get a part time job as a student in the area? and finially what is the accommodation like? I particularly like 'fferm penglais', what is this accommodation like to live in? thanks for any help you can give :smile:

Hello there, I'm also looking into exactly the same as you and I've been looking at the virtual tours on their website. I'm interested in Computer Science and I'm looking into the Rosser Accommodations, the virtual tours online are pretty good they let you see all of the accommodations while also letting you visit the kitchens, corridors, bathrooms and bedrooms. Here's a Link
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
I'm a current student, can't help much on the comp sci bit, as I don't study it, however the area is amazing, great for people who enjoy doing stuff outside, walking, hiking etc is great around aber, also nightlife is good, definitely better if you join a sports club or society.

Part time job around aber, I wouldn't say is overly difficult depends if you stand out from others, the students union is always a good place to apply to, they take people on twice a year.

Fferm penglais, I would say is overpriced (like most of the uk's university accomadation) but if you want an ensuite and a double bed, as well as a room that doesn't feel like your living in a prison cell it's your best option, however living on seafront is also amazing with the views and being in town, I'll be living in PJM in september, always liked living in a "house" environment.

Quick Reply

Latest