The Student Room Group

Should I withdraw from this University?

Hello everyone :smile:

Basically I now have 4 of my 5 offers. The one that I'm still waiting on is Swansea for Political Communication but I know that I'm not going to firm or insure it. My firm is Cardiff and my insurance is Aberystwyth.

I know that Universities only give out a certain number of offers. Should I withdraw my application to give someone else a chance? Will it make that difference if I do? Or do I wait just to be able to say I had 5/5 offers?

If you're certain that you're not going to firm / insure Swansea, then by all means withdraw.

Don't forget, however, that there's no need to firm and insure yet - you've got months to decide, and there's no advantage in finalising your decision this early (I've seen too many people be "sure" and then change their minds when it's too late!)
I would really wait until you get a better idea of how the year could end up going for you. It's very early and I would exploit the time you have available.
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
If you're certain that you're not going to firm / insure Swansea, then by all means withdraw.

Don't forget, however, that there's no need to firm and insure yet - you've got months to decide, and there's no advantage in finalising your decision this early (I've seen too many people be "sure" and then change their minds when it's too late!)

Original post by ivybridge
I would really wait until you get a better idea of how the year could end up going for you. It's very early and I would exploit the time you have available.

Thank you both for your replies :smile:

In all honesty, Swansea was chosen because I wasn't sure I'd get Cardiff and I really want to go to a Welsh university so I can learn Welsh. Since I have both Cardiff and Aber I know those are my favourite 2. I visited Aber the weekend before last to help with a campaign and fell in love with the place again, so that's a definite insurance. Cardiff has the better work experience (I know people in my party who work in Cardiff), research skills as part of the degree and is a better University with better transport links.

If I miss both on Results Day I'll be trying to get into Sheffield Hallam as again there are people in my party who have a strong presence there so I'll at least get work experience out of it :smile: or Bangor for Social Policy as I loved the University so much!

I will wait a little longer however, as you both advised :smile: Thanks again!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending