The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2016 hull applicants

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for History and received a pretty sweet offer! Anyone looking at History?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I have applied for History and received a very nice offer :biggrin: Anyone else looking at History?
Original post by BryonyRL
I have applied for History and received a very nice offer :biggrin: Anyone else looking at History?

I have also received an offer for History :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chloe.Cactus
I have also received an offer for History :biggrin:

What do you think of Hull? You putting it as your firm?
What do you think of Hull? You putting it as your firm?

I haven't been to Hull yet so I'm going to see what it's like on the applicant day but the course itself looks absolutely amazing! ( I forgot to add its History and Archaeology I applied for not just History) I am thinking of putting it as my insurance offer though as I believe Lincoln looks better from the open day. What about you? :smile:
I haven't been to Hull yet so I'm going to see what it's like on the applicant day but the course itself looks absolutely amazing! ( I forgot to add its History and Archaeology I applied for not just History) I am thinking of putting it as my insurance offer though as I believe Lincoln looks better from the open day. What about you? :smile:

I have a friend who's doing the same. I live on the Isle of man so getting there for an applicant day is near impossible. I visited once on a school trip and loved it, but im thinking the same as you, Hull as insurance and Manchester as firm but not sure :/ what's your offer?
I have a friend who's doing the same. I live on the Isle of man so getting there for an applicant day is near impossible. I visited once on a school trip and loved it, but im thinking the same as you, Hull as insurance and Manchester as firm but not sure :/ what's your offer?

Ah yeah, that would be pretty tough to get to the applicant day. I will definitely send some information your way when I go so you have a better idea, I found it pretty hard to decide, like I was comparing the different universities oh the league tables and the accommodation to see which I preferred Also my offer is 280 UCAS points, what is yours?
Ah yeah, that would be pretty tough to get to the applicant day. I will definitely send some information your way when I go so you have a better idea, I found it pretty hard to decide, like I was comparing the different universities oh the league tables and the accommodation to see which I preferred Also my offer is 280 UCAS points, what is yours?

The same as you 280, which is very nice as i got a C in biology last year, so can use those 40 UCAS points, every little helps. And thanks that would be ace! I did the same, it's silly because I bet you would love where wherever you ended up
The same as you 280, which is very nice as i got a C in biology last year, so can use those 40 UCAS points, every little helps. And thanks that would be ace! I did the same, it's silly because I bet you would love where wherever you ended up

Nice! I'm doing the EPQ so I can get at least 60 points there hopefully.
I think it's just the pressure of making sure you aren't making a three-year mistake that makes us check every single detail haha :h:
Reply 29
Got my first offer for chemical engineering, Buzzing!
Reply 30
Both my parents went to Hull many years ago. They both loved their time there. They say it's a very friendly and affordable city. It is a small campus with excellent accommodation and great teaching. It is not the most glamorous of locations but it is pretty safe and cheap to live.
I'm applying for Ba philosophy and religion. I never went to an open day but live nearby and the campus seems less intimidating, and more down to earth than other universities I've visited. If they accept me I'll definitely be going.
Reply 32
So happy I've got an offer. It's a lot lower than I was expecting which is good (I think). Anyone applied for Geography BA?
Original post by cjxmc
So happy I've got an offer. It's a lot lower than I was expecting which is good (I think). Anyone applied for Geography BA?

Yeah I'm about to, what were your predicted grades?
Reply 34
Original post by tchimbetete
Yeah I'm about to, what were your predicted grades?

My predicted grades are BCD (although i'm retaking everything so take that with a pinch of salt).
Accepted an offer from hull for human biology - my firm choice!
Reply 36
Waiting for a answer from Hull, had my interview before Christmas and i am desperate for a decission! Anyone else waiting for a reply for Adult Nursing?
Is anyone able to give me pointers on interviews I have applied for adult nursing and my interview is next month x:smile:
I've an offer for Mental Health nursing :smile:
Original post by cjfrankish
Is anyone able to give me pointers on interviews I have applied for adult nursing and my interview is next month x:smile:

be confident in yourself
make sure you look at the links /info they give you on your intive email
research your choosen feild /current nursing issues

personally i found a mock interview at college helped me loads.
but best of luck with your interview and good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest