The Student Room Group

Food: Indian vs Turkish

Poll

Indian vs Turkish cuisine

Hi all, I am interested in people's preference in cuisines from around the world. I've recently heard that majority of people tend to prefer Indian over Turkish cuisine.

Personally, I prefer Turkish cuisine. However I would like to test whether Indian cuisine is more popular.

Thanks for answering the poll. Also, please only vote if you have tasted both cuisines before.( don't be biased!)

Lastly, it would be nice if you could point out why you prefer one over the other.

Thanks for your time.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Its a bit of a trick question. When people go for an Indian, chances are they are actually eating food cooked and served by people from Pakistan or Bangladesh. And the food they eat - poppadom and dips and spicy soup / stew with lumps of meat floating in it is more a British take on Indian food compared to authentic cuisine from the Indian subcontinent region.

So for me, no to British Indian / curry house type cuisine
Yes to authentic Indian cuisine (which is nothing like British curry) and actually tastes nice.
Yes to Turkish although I have to say that I am not quite sure how you define Turkish food.
Reply 2
I prefer spicy food so I prefer Indian food to Turkish food which I just find bland.
As someone with Indian heritage, I prefer Turkish :L
Indian
Turkish food is just bland to me.
Turkish food!!!
Went to a restaurant and was served so much meat :drool: :love:
Reply 7
Turkish for sure. I really dislike Indian cuisine.
I'm Indian and I prefer neither over the other.

Turkish cuisine is excellent, though, and there is some overlap between the two.
Original post by ByEeek
Its a bit of a trick question. When people go for an Indian, chances are they are actually eating food cooked and served by people from Pakistan or Bangladesh. And the food they eat - poppadom and dips and spicy soup / stew with lumps of meat floating in it is more a British take on Indian food compared to authentic cuisine from the Indian subcontinent region.

So for me, no to British Indian / curry house type cuisine
Yes to authentic Indian cuisine (which is nothing like British curry) and actually tastes nice.
Yes to Turkish although I have to say that I am not quite sure how you define Turkish food.

British Indian curry tastes nice. Go to better curry houses.
for people who dont like spicy food turkish food is perfect your it's also my preferences. Indian Pakistani food is good but too hot and spicy and not as simple to cook. I personally prefer eating Mediterranean Food you can’t beat it it’s the best.
(edited 3 years ago)
I like both, but indian shades it for me.
I guess Indian is more mainstream, say your w/ a group of friends and y'all want a takeaway the go-to is most likely Indian, Chinese and Italian or sumin not many add Turkish to the list

But ngl, since iv left to go to uni I have, tried more food and Turkish is up there!! Curries are getting too bland now (maybe cause I'm Indian, my tastebuds have started to reject curries and retaliate lmao)
Indian no doubt.
Indian.
More super spicy, non-dairy and citrus free food.
Turkish alcoholic drinks and sweets do taste fantastic.
I understand why some people don’t like Turkish food but how can you some of you not like Indian food?!
Original post by 5hyl33n
I understand why some people don’t like Turkish food but how can you some of you not like Indian food?!

Indian food is very unpopular with the food police, people terrified of chilli heat and the traditional Britain crowd.
Lots of spices, salt, sugar, oil and smoky flavours. :drool:
Indian food but i would love to try Türkiya food because my love if from Türkiya
I have to say Indian food
indian for me

Quick Reply

Latest