The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

supergirl89
Oh my god I've just come across this thread from Googling 'de ja vu feeling sick'... I've had this for years, random de ja vu feelings that make me feel dizzy, sick & like my head is being compressed... and I feel really nervous and worried for a while after... I've only mentioned it to a couple of people before who think it's weird & I thought it was too... I've just had it now & it's the first time it's made me physically throw up so I thought I'd check it out, glad to know it's not just me!!!

Threads from 2007, brah.
GodspeedGehenna
Threads from 2007, brah.

I know, but me posting on it brings it back up, rather than posting a new thread saying the same things I thought I may as well write on this one as it still exists and says what I would have anyway..

Does anyone else get this? & has anyone een to the doctors about it at all?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I get this thing every once in a while, say, once a month, but obv its not regular. Basically, im just doing a normal routine thing, like getting ready in the morning, or reading a book in the afternoon, and all of a sudden a weird feeling comes over me-like im experiencing deja-vu, which obviously in a sense is true since im doing a routine thing that i do almost everyday, but then I start getting dizzy, and feel all funny so that I kind of retch, and I get a tad disoriented.

And so that lasts for like a few seconds, and afterwards I end up with a strange headache which kinda goes after like a coupla hours.

What the heck is that all about? I eat and drink normally, it doesnt happen when im insanely hungry or drunk, so we can rule them out lol.

ive had this twice in my life. about 6 months ago i got it and today i got it again. it freaks the **** out of me. i have de ja vu and then i feel like i need to throw up. is there actually a problem or does it just pass.
Reply 23
I'm really glad I've found this thread.

I have had what I have always described as 'funny turns' for about 7 years, they are exactly as you have all described, I have a really strong feeling of Déjà, a story will then play out in my head, once this has finished I couldn't tell you for the life of me what I had just though about and then I either just gag or I actually throw up.

It's never really effected my life, I lead a normal life, I could have a 'funny turn' whilst talking to you and you wouldn't even notice, I even have them whilst driving and I can easily just carry on as normal - when I was younger I went to the Doctors several times about them and they always put it down to hormones and told me I would grow out of it, a few weeks ago my sister was diagnosed with epilepsy this is why I have decided to do a bit of research, I would say it seems to be some sort of epilepsy although I don't want to diagnose myself with something I've read on the internet.

Very strange though, at least I know I'm not the only one! :smile:
Original post by milly20

I have had what I have always described as 'funny turns' for about 7 years, they are exactly as you have all described, I have a really strong feeling of Déjà, a story will then play out in my head, once this has finished I couldn't tell you for the life of me what I had just though about and then I either just gag or I actually throw up.

It's never really effected my life, I lead a normal life, I could have a 'funny turn' whilst talking to you and you wouldn't even notice, I even have them whilst driving and I can easily just carry on as normal - when I was younger I went to the Doctors several times about them and they always put it down to hormones and told me I would grow out of it, a few weeks ago my sister was diagnosed with epilepsy this is why I have decided to do a bit of research, I would say it seems to be some sort of epilepsy although I don't want to diagnose myself with something I've read on the internet.

I have exactly the same thing happen to me too - I can have 3 or 4 "mild" ones in a week and/ or one horribly bad one then no more for years. They are as random as hell, but I did notice that quite a few had happened whilst at a particular place (a zebra crossing in my old hometown). The worst one to date was about 8 years ago, I was talking my brother as it was happening and he had no idea, afterwards I felt quite faint and almost threw up. Actually now I can sort of stop them as I feel them starting, very hard to explain but I've found I can "go with it" and let it happen or snap myself out of it before it properley begins. Once it's really started though I can't stop it. Still scares me to death.

Just letting you know you aren't alone, as I thought I was for my entire childhood! :tongue:
Reply 25
Voldermort must be near.

But seriously get yourself checked by a doctor.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I get this thing every once in a while, say, once a month, but obv its not regular. Basically, im just doing a normal routine thing, like getting ready in the morning, or reading a book in the afternoon, and all of a sudden a weird feeling comes over me-like im experiencing deja-vu, which obviously in a sense is true since im doing a routine thing that i do almost everyday, but then I start getting dizzy, and feel all funny so that I kind of retch, and I get a tad disoriented.

And so that lasts for like a few seconds, and afterwards I end up with a strange headache which kinda goes after like a coupla hours.

What the heck is that all about? I eat and drink normally, it doesnt happen when im insanely hungry or drunk, so we can rule them out lol.

One of my best friends has described this exact thing to me before. He says it feels like a really intense episode of deja-vu but then he gets light-headed and will spend the next 30 minutes feeling sick and wanting to throw up. He researched it online - as you do - and he said he kept on coming across stuff relating to minor seizures. He never got it checked out, so whether or not that's what's going on... who knows :dontknow:

I would certainly advise you to get this looked at by your doctor.
Hi Everyone :smile:

While it's great to know that other people are in a similar position to you, you really should see a doctor. It could be as simple as a panic attack, which can be treated really easily, or something as rare as a brain tumour. While this is unlikely, whatever it is, there's more chance that it can be treated if you get it looked at sooner rather than later.

Hope you don't mind me interrupting, but I thought you should hear the opinion of an "outsider" as well!

xxx
Original post by milly20

I know this thread is old, but I just recently thought to google this and it led me here.
I have been doing this since I was young, like grade school/elementary school young. I'm 24 now, so it's been going on for a while.

It's very similar to deja vu, or at least that is the best way I can describe it to someone. For example, I could be driving/riding in a car, pass something on the road, (house/road sign/person walking/anything) and something triggers the sense of "I've been here before/seen this before/dreamed of this before/etc" this doesnt just happen while riding down the road. This happens when I'm lying in bed, walking through my house, sitting on the computer at work, anything can bring this "episode" on and nothing is off limits for causing it and it's not the same thing that causes it every time. Confusing, I know.. try dealing with it and having/needing to explain this to someone. So, once it's triggered, I start sweating and get clamy, most importantly, I get this pit of my stomach emptiness with a severe nauseated feeling.. almost like I need to think about where I actually am and what I'm doing to snap myself out of this nauseated feeling. Then, it's strange to describe this, but it's like I need my "comfort zone" back. What I mean by that is, if someone is around me when it happens, I automatically want to be in the same room with that person as a calming technique, or if I'm alone and this comes over me, I will call someone and hope they answer. Now, whether I call or go in the same room as someone else, I usually don't mention what has just come over me... it's just the comfort of being around someone or talking to someone I know and trust that helps me "pass" the deja vu nauseasted feeling.

I wish someone would explain why this happens or what it is exactly that causes it and makes me feel the need to throw up & contact someone I'm familiar with to almost "bring me back down", if you will. No, I haven't been to the doctor like most people, because number 1, this is difficult to explain, and number 2, people don't understand how deja vu could make up feel the need to puke.
I do not think this is associated with seizures/flashing lights, at least not in my case. I go out on weekends and see strobes and flashing lights all the time and that's never triggered this unusual feeling.. it usually happens during the most routine times, in bed, riding/driving in my car/at work/watching tv/walking from one room to another in my house/etc. It's just hard for me to explain because it's all in my head, I suppose.. there's not any outward signs, unless I get so bad that I actually do throw up.
Reply 29
I've seen the word deja vu,until now more than three time this day in the forum..Pretty weird how a french word can be used..!
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
Jesus Christ. Exactly the same thing happens to me! I've never really shared it with anyone though in case they thought I was crazy or making it up.. Just totally randomly I'll feel really funny and I start to feel terrified, then all of these images come into my head - stuff I've dreamt about - and then it all disappears and suddenly I'm ok again. It's really frightening when it happens and it's incredibly hard to explain, but when it's over I wouldn't be able to tell you what I saw in my flashback- I can only tell you what I'm seeing if I say it whilst it's happening.

Sometimes I write it down, but when I look back at the stuff I've written it never makes any sense. I just remember one time I wrote, " Joseph's amazing technicolour dream coat and orange". :confused: WTF?

Anyway. Are you eposides anything like mine? PM me dude.

Hi..yes... yeah What you said? All of it ..Thats exactly what I thought reading these and What you explain?!!! I get!... And makes sense to me! Thats exactly how I feel and TRY to explain it to others!!! Thats only way I can explain it.. afterwards....but can`t?!! lol I Actually remember 1st one I ever had! well freaky 12..13 years old I think? And still makes me sick to this day! Infact ..just had one hence reading these! lmao Thanks I feel a lot better now after all these years ... JUS
You're becoming aware of the matrix.
Don't want to alarm you, but that sounds like a mild form of epilepsy. Often people have been diagnosed with the condition because of "deja vu" experiences like the one you have described.

It's probably nothing, but I'd get it checked out with your GP anyway :smile:
Happens to me also. Also, you feel nauseated or experience nausea. When something is nauseous it induces the feeling of nausea and I'm sure you don't make other's sick:smile:
Reply 34
This thread was made in April 2007, so I'm sure after almost 6 years, the OP's problem's been sorted out.
I get this a couple of times a year, glad I'm not the only one who experiences this bizarre turn. Mine is slightly different however, I get the Deja Vu with no prior warning and can come on during the most mundane task. I don't get the sick feeling however, I get this euphoric, butterflies in my stomach feeling which is scary and nice at the same time.

I did a bit of Googling and it seems to fit the symptoms of something called a simple partial seizure. It doesn't come regularly enough for me to worry about it too much, but maybe I should?
I used to get a similar thing when I was younger, it stopped about a year or two ago and I haven't had it since, but it lasted for years.
I used to get images in my head, and feel really nauseous. I was quite frightened as well and used to ask whoever was close to me (whether it be a friend or family) to hold me really tightly in their arms.
From what j can remember, the one image I got was of pencils or drawing or something. And of a top view of an image, zooming in. Can't remember much. It wasn't pleasant. I think it was stress and being very unhappy.
Just glad it's stopped now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Must be a glitch in the matrix. Keanu Reeves looks pretty pale in this shot too.

Reply 38
I have the same thing
started in my 20's really, I was in Uni and felt an odd feeling of Deja Vu, really odd though as though this world wasnt 'correct' and though we were all doing it wrong and there was an alternate reality that we should all be able to see.
I then felt really sick/nausea and passed out, woke up on the floor surrounded by students and a VERY worried lecturer with some med staff.

Started work at a local hospital and again in induction had the same feeling during our infection control training. once again Deja vu and feeling as though this world wasnt right, and that we should be able to understand that we were wrong.
doink!! - again passed out and woke up in A&E with my new boss looking worried.

Luckily that was the very last time I passed out but I still get quite regular Deja Vu/dizzy/sick moments - I would say 2 a week though I can control them very well now - I usually look at my friend and say ' here is one of those things again' then I go all 'far away' for a moment or so then feel a bit sick.
I can even drive whilst in this state and brake for lights and everything so functionality is not really impaired though the feeling that this world is wrong weighs on me heavilly during these episodes.

Its almost as though we are living a dream and this is not correct - very hard to explain..

I also suffer from a lot of memory loss these days , short term and mid range at least - I can recall 20 years ago like yesterday.

I know it may sound loopy but I find that white noise helps me a lot so I sit in server rooms a lot of the time and one other weird thing I found was that when I went to see Alice in Wonderland - the tim burton one, I thought that it seemed more 'correct' than this world so much so that my arm hair stood on end for ages on several occasions and I felt like a nutjob. even typing this and thinking about it has set it off.

very very odd
Reply 39
I just remembered one odd but slightly amusing episode was when my friend was staying over for the night and I had a dizzy spell, apparently I looked up at him and said in a really weird voice that a person we both knew who had died was 'here'.

I snapped out of it and he sat there freaking out for ages whilst I tried to figure out wtf was going on whilst feeling sick and dizzy.
I laughed my ass of later on but I can imagine it being a bit freaky, I have no idea why I said that at all - it was almost not me if you know what I mean. I did at the time however 'know' that said person was with us and just wanted to let my mate know :s-smilie:

dear god!

Latest

Trending

Trending