The Student Room Group

Foundation Year students, how do you cope in uni

I mean seriously?

I hate the fact that i will be a fresher again next year when i start first year (as i'm already too old).

I hate the way my course is outlined, i tried my best to changed course to first year, only for my course leader to **** off for two weeks.

I just hate it. It is the main issue why i'm getting mentally ill in uni. Please share your experience of this money grabbing course.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I did a foundation year and I do regret it as I'm now behind all my friends and feel like I've wasted a year. But it's not the end of the world. I don't really know what you mean by "how do you cope". I just did, I did my assignments and I sat my exams like everyone else. I can't give a more specific answer unless you ask a more specific question.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall
I did a foundation year and I do regret it as I'm now behind all my friends and feel like I've wasted a year. But it's not the end of the world. I don't really know what you mean by "how do you cope". I just did, I did my assignments and I sat my exams like everyone else. I can't give a more specific answer unless you ask a more specific question.

This is the fear i'm having. I can't take change very well either.

Was it by choice you chose to do a foundation year or the grades you had.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Uyi 95
This is the fear i'm having. I can't take change very well either.

Was it by choice you chose to do a foundation year or the grades you had.

I initially applied for a foundation because I didn't think they would let me in with my college course alone, when it came to enrolment they offered me a place straight into the course but I panicked and took the foundation. Worst decision of my life so far, but again not the end of the world.

What do you mean you can't take change very well? What are you worrying about changing?
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
I initially applied for a foundation because I didn't think they would let me in with my college course alone, when it came to enrolment they offered me a place straight into the course but I panicked and took the foundation. Worst decision of my life so far, but again not the end of the world.

What do you mean you can't take change very well? What are you worrying about changing?

Oh i see. The reason why i'm doing a foundation year is i did a course with the intention to study first year but my college (i had a fight with the Head of School) thought it was funny to not give me my certificate and it ended up with me panicking and telling admissions 'i will do the foundation year, i don't care'.

Two weeks into uni, my college gives me my results and i when i try to changed courses, it wasn't followed up.

What i mean by change is that i can't take it when everyone will be in second year and i will be a first year again :frown:.
Original post by Uyi 95
Oh i see. The reason why i'm doing a foundation year is i did a course with the intention to study first year but my college (i had a fight with the Head of School) thought it was funny to not give me my certificate and it ended up with me panicking and telling admissions 'i will do the foundation year, i don't care'.

Two weeks into uni, my college gives me my results and i when i try to changed courses, it wasn't followed up.

What i mean by change is that i can't take it when everyone will be in second year and i will be a first year again :frown:.

Yeah it sucks, in terms of some will finish uni before you. But it doesn't change the dynamic of friendship or spending time together while they're there. Plus some people may take a placement year before their 3rd year and so will be on the same level as you come third year. Plus you can make friends on your course and they'll all be in the same year as you.

Trust me, don;t wind yourself up about it. All it does is cause unnecessary stress when in reality everything is okay.

Quick Reply

Latest