The Student Room Group

How to pick

im in year 11 and confused what to pick for a-level and sixth form which is the best method
Original post by studyspuddie
im in year 11 and confused what to pick for a-level and sixth form which is the best method

Are you planning to go to university? If you are, do you have any ideas on what degree you'd like to study?
Original post by Leviathan1741
Are you planning to go to university? If you are, do you have any ideas on what degree you'd like to study?

i want to go to a sixth form but i dont know how to pick one from the other
Original post by studyspuddie
i want to go to a sixth form but i dont know how to pick one from the other

If you know what degree you'd like to do, you can look at entry requirements for it and see if there are any required or preferred A Level subjects, and choose your subjects based on them.

If not, which subjects have to enjoyed so far, or think you would enjoy at A Level if you haven't studied them before? It's also good idea to choose at least one or two 'facilitating' subjects, to give you a bigger choice of possible degrees. Facilitating subjects include maths, biology, chemistry, physics, history, geography, English literature and modern languages.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Leviathan1741
If you know what degree you'd like to do, you can look at entry requirements for it and see if there are any required or preferred A Level subjects, and and choose your subjects based on them.

If not, which subjects have to enjoyed so far, or think you would enjoy at A Level if you haven't studied them before? It's also good idea to choose at least one or two 'facilitating' subjects, to give you a bigger choice of possible degrees. Facilitating subjects include maths, biology, chemistry, physics, history, geography, English literature and modern languages.

thanks i will remember this when appyling thank you

Quick Reply

Latest