The Student Room Group

Is it fair that I have to do this case study on my own?

So basically I have to do a 5000 word case study in one of my classes. Everyone else gets to do this with a partner but because there is an odd number of people taking the module I have been left without a partner and now I have to do this all myself.

The hand in date is in about 3 weeks. I'm really going to struggle to do this along with essays and reports from other modules, studying for exams, and work. Is this fair? Is there nothing I can do? I'm going to speak to the module leader again but I don't think she will change her mind.
Welcome to the real world. Life is **** and then you get more work to do. I am afraid you have little choice but to suck it up. Personally, I would say it will be easier for you. You won't have to make any compromises or deal with someone else dominating or not pulling their weight.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
Welcome to the real world. Life is sh1t and then you get more work to do. I am afraid you have little choice but to suck it up. Personally, I would say it will be easier for you. You won't have to make any compromises or deal with someone else dominating or not pulling their weight.

Good luck!

I've been in the real world for 3 years and this is the first time i have felt something was a bit unfair. Oh well.
Reply 3
Well, instead of wasting time talking about it, why don't you just do it? Working alone may be positive too since you don't have to worry about what other people do.
Reply 4
During my degree, trying to work with others was a huge pain in the butt. Every bit of work was a nightmare. I ended up doing it all anyway, simply because I refused to put my name to some of the rubbish I was handed by other participants - when they could be bothered to contribute anything at all. Channel your inner control freak - you might just be the lucky one. You're assuming that two people would've have researched/written 2500 words each and you would've had half the work you now face. In my experience, this simply wasn't the case.

Quick Reply