The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey, Courtauld only get back to you after the January 15th deadline, so that's why no one's heard yet x
Hello everyone :smile:

I applied for HoA as well, so I'm glad that I found this thread :smile: I applied for Warwick, York, Glasgow, Sussex and Aberdeen. I got an offer from York and an interview invitation from Warwick. Has anyone already attended a Warwick interview? How was it?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 62
Hey :smile: I've also got an offer from York and an interview at Warwick, but haven't been yet. I'm going on the 22nd of February I think? When are you going?
Hey :smile: I think mine will be on the 4th of February, I'm quite nervous to be honest :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by IsabelGilchrist
I applied for University back in December, yet have only had three replies. I have applied for the Courtauld Institute, Warwick, Bristol, Brighton and Edinburgh. I was wondering whether anyone had heard back from the Courtauld? I know that Edinburgh are notoriously known for replying late so I'm not too worried about them.
I've got an interview at Brighton on the 6th and one for Warwick on the 20th. Does anyone have any advice about the interview days for these, or has anyone been to these universities already for the interview process?

It would be really appreciated, thanks :smile:

Hey! I went to Warwick for a History of Art day and also had an interview, and two days later received an offer, to my surprise. The interview was really nice, although I'm pretty sure my interviewer hadn't read my personal statement since he asked questions that were clearly answered in it and he knew nothing about me.

The interview itself was very chill and informal (I also mentioned how stressed and nervous I was god knows how many times, I rambled so much), my interviewer was really nice and really encouraging! So they ask a couple of basic questions like why do you want to study at Warwick, why HoA, any recent exhibitions you've been to etc, and then they give you two artworks to compare & contrast :smile: So I would say, just be yourself and prepare some answers for those questions and you should be fine! Good luck!

If there's anything else you'd like to know, I'm here :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Ahh what a babe, thank you for telling me- you've saved me a lot of nervousness! If you don't mind me asking, what was the offer you got, and what we're the pieces you had to analyse? :smile:
Reply 66
Yo guys, if I've counted correctly (which I probably haven't) there are fifteen of us on this post. I just wanted to be nosey and see how many of us are girls (or boys, of course), and where we all come from :smile:
Reply 67
A fellow Harry Potter fan here? :wink:
Reply 68
Original post by FranScan97
Ahh what a babe, thank you for telling me- you've saved me a lot of nervousness! If you don't mind me asking, what was the offer you got, and what we're the pieces you had to analyse? :smile:

Glad I got to help someone out! It's a conditional offer (if that's what you mean), and since I do European Baccalaureate I don't know how to really translate the requirements into other gradings eh.. I need to get an average of 8/10 and at least 6/10 in English :smile:
If i remember correctly I had Paul Cezannes and De La Tour's works, both with cardplayers around a table (I didn't know either of them and misplaced one of them a couple hundred years too early, so don't worry about those things!)

> also I'm a girl and originally from Finland, I live in Belgium!
Reply 69
Ooh I'll have to look it up and translate it to A Levels :smile: complements on your English by the way- it's amazing! The education system in continental Europe - especially the languages - far surpasses ours, and I'm always quite shocked and jealous to see how good foreigners are at my own language!
Thanks for letting me know about the artworks too :smile:
A fellow Harry Potter fan here? :wink:

Hardcore Harry Potter fan here :biggrin:
Original post by artystique
Hardcore Harry Potter fan here :biggrin:

Oh and I am a Hungarian girl :smile:
Original post by repecca
Hey! I went to Warwick for a History of Art day and also had an interview, and two days later received an offer, to my surprise. The interview was really nice, although I'm pretty sure my interviewer hadn't read my personal statement since he asked questions that were clearly answered in it and he knew nothing about me.

The interview itself was very chill and informal (I also mentioned how stressed and nervous I was god knows how many times, I rambled so much), my interviewer was really nice and really encouraging! So they ask a couple of basic questions like why do you want to study at Warwick, why HoA, any recent exhibitions you've been to etc, and then they give you two artworks to compare & contrast :smile: So I would say, just be yourself and prepare some answers for those questions and you should be fine! Good luck!

If there's anything else you'd like to know, I'm here :smile:

Thank you so much! This is so so so useful, where else have you applied? Also, did you take your parents with you? I have my Brighton interview tomorrow and my dads going to drive me but he's worried that if he comes with me the interviewers and university will think of me as childish? - was just wondering whether the same happened at warwick? x
Reply 73
Haha same 😂 I don't care if I'm nearly 19, it's still my favourite thing!! And wow Hungary! I'm just from Northern England - a bit boring.
Reply 74
My dad's taking my to the Warwick interview too- don't worry, I'm sure most people will be there with parents :smile:
Yo guys, if I've counted correctly (which I probably haven't) there are fifteen of us on this post. I just wanted to be nosey and see how many of us are girls (or boys, of course), and where we all come from :smile:

Female from Northern Ireland.... so what's everyone's Hogwarts house? I'm a Ravenclaw.
Am I the only one who struggles with choosing which Hogwarts house suits them the most? :biggrin:

I think I'm a Ravenclaw or a Gryffindor, but I could be anything :biggrin:
Reply 77
I either get sorted into Ravenclaw or Slytherin, but I identify mostly with Ravenclaw 💟
Reply 78
Original post by IsabelGilchrist
Thank you so much! This is so so so useful, where else have you applied? Also, did you take your parents with you? I have my Brighton interview tomorrow and my dads going to drive me but he's worried that if he comes with me the interviewers and university will think of me as childish? - was just wondering whether the same happened at warwick? x

I also applied to Exeter, UCL, Edinburgh and Oxford. I think Warwick'll be my firm choice though, the campus had a really nice atmosphere and a lot of internationals, plus of course the term spent in Venice sounds amazing :tongue:

I think it's fine to bring a parent, as long as you're not sticking together the whole time - they can stay behind during the campus tour etc. I had my dad come with me which was super helpful since I was really nervous and had no idea what to say to the staff/students, since it was the first uni/open day I attended :biggrin:
Reply 79
Ooh I'll have to look it up and translate it to A Levels :smile: complements on your English by the way- it's amazing! The education system in continental Europe - especially the languages - far surpasses ours, and I'm always quite shocked and jealous to see how good foreigners are at my own language!
Thanks for letting me know about the artworks too :smile:

Aaah thank you so much!! :smile: Well, they make us study a second language from really early in the European schools so I've been learning English the past 12 years. Do any of you guys speak any other languages? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest