The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

just have the final touches and formatting to do for my dissertation (hand in thursday!!) which is the contents page and such :redface:

Aiming to have it print off and bound by tomorrow evening :eek: before the rush of the next two days
And its been submitted...well yesterday it was :woo:
That's good, best thing to do now is not stress about it. I keep stressing about something to do with dissertation and it really stresses me out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the moment, I am really struggling in choosing a topic for my dissertation. I thought I had one but then my supervisor told me I had to have a theory to back up my topic....... She could have told me this 6 weeks ago when we started the damn thing but she chose to tell me now. I'm doing a Masters in Marketing and wanted to focus on digital marketing or social media........ I am so lost I don't know what to do.

I've read previous year dissertations, and none of them included a theory........................................ :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Finally finished my dissertation, so glad it is over.
I put a lot of time and effort into it, so I hope I get a good grade.
Looking for dissertation success stories. I am getting my MSc in marketing. So I have 20,000 words to write by the 23rd of May (17 days). I barely have anything written besides what I wrote for my proposal. I just sent my survey out a couple of days ago. I have all my research but everything is so scattered and unorganized. Looking for anyone who was in a similar boat and had successful results. Could you please tell me how you achieved it. Thanks!!
Original post by lozzielizzie
That's good, best thing to do now is not stress about it. I keep stressing about something to do with dissertation and it really stresses me out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AJCSShp
Finally finished my dissertation, so glad it is over.
I put a lot of time and effort into it, so I hope I get a good grade.

Well done guys, I hope you get the grades you want! Like another poster said, there's nothing further you can do now, so it's best to try and focus on something else rather than worrying about things you can't change.
Original post by cascully
Looking for dissertation success stories. I am getting my MSc in marketing. So I have 20,000 words to write by the 23rd of May (17 days). I barely have anything written besides what I wrote for my proposal. I just sent my survey out a couple of days ago. I have all my research but everything is so scattered and unorganized. Looking for anyone who was in a similar boat and had successful results. Could you please tell me how you achieved it. Thanks!!

Is there a specific reason this has ended up being left so late? I think it's going to be really difficult to do everything in the time allowed. If nothing else, getting back completed surveys takes time, so you're running the risk of not having all the data you need. Is there any way you could get an extension to make sure you have enough data?

If the data side of things isn't an issue, then it's probably do-able, you'd still be looking at writing less than 2000 words a day which is totally possible, so long as you don't also have other things that you need to focus on.
FINALLY submitted my dissertation! I feel so glad its done :biggrin:
I have a viva for my dissertation in a week and a half, I need to present a 5 minute summary and then there is a Q&A, any advice?
Original post by natninja
I have a viva for my dissertation in a week and a half, I need to present a 5 minute summary and then there is a Q&A, any advice?

I had mine a while back (10 minute presentation followed by questions) make sure you know why you did what you did- methodology and such, what could be changed, future directions? if you can make sure you can go into as much detail as possible for them. Questions may be unexpected, but make sure you know your details :h:
Hi Guys,

I was wandering if anybody has 10 minutes to spare and fill in my questionnaire for my dissertation. I am studying MSc Forensic Psychology at the University of Bedfordshire and desperately need responses. Its about sexual aggression and assault. I would appreciate if anybody can help and if anybody needs me to fill in theirs, I am happy to help.

Here is the link.

https://bedshealthsciences.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eOJun9eGP3IRQG1

Thanks in advance x
Are any of you guys willing to answer a few questions from someone doing their dissertation in the next academic year? :smile: I just got my due date (April 2017) and although we don't have to submit our proposals until November, I'm really keen to get a head start and be as prepared as possible.
Hiya

I'm going into my 3rd year. Now I would like to start my dissertation early, but I'm stuck.
Could anyone link me to resources that helped them greatly with their dissertation. Personally, I would like to do my dissertation on merger/ acquisition waves, but I'm finding it difficult creating a question that is not too broad.
Original post by EvoBoost4Days
Hiya

I'm going into my 3rd year. Now I would like to start my dissertation early, but I'm stuck.
Could anyone link me to resources that helped them greatly with their dissertation. Personally, I would like to do my dissertation on merger/ acquisition waves, but I'm finding it difficult creating a question that is not too broad.

If you're just starting out I wouldn't worry about being to broad for the moment - start doing your reading for the general topic area and take notes. Through this you'll start to be able to narrow down your area of focus until you've got a good question :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
If you're just starting out I wouldn't worry about being to broad for the moment - start doing your reading for the general topic area and take notes. Through this you'll start to be able to narrow down your area of focus until you've got a good question :h:

thanks
Original post by EvoBoost4Days
Hiya

Woah that's so weird, I want to start mine early and I'm interested in merger waves too haha! Small world.
Reply 177
Hey, Im going into my third year,

I was wondering if anyone could help and offer some guidance/reassurance.I'm flailing about in the dark when it comes to my dissertation topic, I have an idea, which was begrudgingly changed from what I actually wanted to do, BUT I can't seem to form an argument or points to cover. My supervisor recommends that I look at British newspapers in relation to my topic, but I have no idea how to mix that with points to argue for the body of the essay.

In short, I don't know what point to even argue! I've got ideas but they don't seem to be cohesive in terms of a question to look at or argue for/ against.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I change my topic? Has anyone been through/or going through a similar thing??

Thank You!
just started my summer data collection and introduction, methodology and literature review write ups! im going into third year in September so it wont be due until next April but as we are fieldwork based we got to start it early.

a silly question but i havent done many literature reviews before, are they just compliations of different research journals melded into my own words as a few pages of information around the topic and why im undertaking this project?
Hi everyone,

I only need a few more participants to complete my dissertation project

I am examining spiritual well-being and coping with injuries.

There are no right or wrong answers it is all about personal opinion. Anybody can participate, but if you have got experience of playing a sport and being injured whilst playing this might help you to answer the questions easier.

It takes less than 10 minutes and I would really appreciate all the help I can get and will do others in return

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2852124/Spiritual-Well-Being-and-Coping-with-Injuries