The Student Room Group

Podiatry undergraduate 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kimbarz
The group interview was very informal and more about showing how well you worked as part of a team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see so like a discussion with activities because i was really worried about the group interview more than one on one for some reason.
Reply 21
I have got a conditional from Salford and an interview at Huddersfield I am so excited regardless of which Uni I choose...as a mature student undertaking access to Health Science I have loved getting back into studying.

Would love to know if anyone else at Huddersfield next week?
Reply 22
Original post by janine80
I have got a conditional from Salford and an interview at Huddersfield I am so excited regardless of which Uni I choose...as a mature student undertaking access to Health Science I have loved getting back into studying.

Would love to know if anyone else at Huddersfield next week?

I've got one at Huddersfield the week after (for part time), well I do if my certificates come back in time. Sounds like it might be a long day!
anyone have any information on selection process at huddersfield Pod interview. Admin person toldme interviews are only twenty mins long.
I've got an unconditional from Salford and I'm ecstatic. I have to relocate wherever I go and I just want to get my head down, plan and focus rather than waiting and stressing over other interviews when all of the podiatry courses are excelent. I turned down my Durham interview on the basis of that.

I do want to see if i have an interview with Plymouth though as I like the location - has anyone heard from Plymouth?
Anyone who was at the northampton interview on the 24th pm me and tell me how it went :biggrin: ! ? i got a conditional offer
Reply 26
Hi! Is anyone going to salford? I've been accepted to QMU, GCU, plymouth and Salford. Awaiting interview from southampton but not keen on it.. I actually have more or less decided to put Salford as my firm. I'll be starting full time in sept 2016!
Reply 27
Original post by PaulaPawz
Anyone who was at the northampton interview on the 24th pm me and tell me how it went :biggrin: ! ? i got a conditional offer

Hi there - i was at the interview on the 24th and I also have a conditional offer! :biggrin:

I've created a facebook group for Northampton podiatry students if you (and anyone else who see's this) would like to join (only me at the moment) - search Northampton Podiatry 2016 if you want:u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KerraKYL
Hi! Is anyone going to salford? I've been accepted to QMU, GCU, plymouth and Salford. Awaiting interview from southampton but not keen on it.. I actually have more or less decided to put Salford as my firm. I'll be starting full time in sept 2016!

Did you have an interview at Plymouth? I'd say there is a 90% likelihood that I'll choose Salford. :smile:
Reply 29
I've received an offer for part time at Huddersfield (subject to clearance). I'd only applied there so was getting stressed :smile:
Original post by Kimbarz
Hi I have applied and received a conditional offer for podiatry with NCDurham. I can't wait to start. I am currently on a science access course as I'm a mature student:smile:

Hi, congrats on your offer for Durham. I have mine in June, what are the interviews like and what chance do I have of getting a place? I've never read anything about it being competitive.
Hey guys,

I'm at Northampton university atm studying Podiatry, its really good!

The interviews vary for each uni, so here it was quite informal and relaxed, they were really friendly, whereas at Brighton it was a bit more formal and scary haha. Just make sure you know your personal statement, the NHS values and what Podiatry actually is (roles, responsibilities, treatments, pathways etc.).

I'm so excited for you all! Podiatry is hard but really interesting and fun! Good luck everyone, I hope to see some of you in September and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Faye xxx
Reply 32
Original post by KerraKYL

Are still still going Salford. I am and I'm so excited for September. X
Reply 33
Hi all

Is anyone accepted an offer for hudds to start in September?*
Hi, I'm a mature student and Have a place at Cardiff Met for September 2016. I wasn't planning to start until 2017 but when I met Pod Admissions for application advice, he asked me if I'd like to start this year! 😁 2 week turn around from no plans, to having applied, interviewed, firmly accepted, childcare sorted and funding! 😳
Can't wait to start now as I started at Matthew Boulton in 2003, but postponed as I fell pregnant so put everything on hold to raise my family 🙂

My interview was individual, simple questions about various scenarios, which showed you were aware of nhs values.
Hi I'm applying to NCD this year and would love to know how you found the application process? What was the interview like? Did it consist of a group & 1-1? Sorry for all the questions haha I'm also a mature student & have just finished my access course this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest