The Student Room Group

Podiatry undergraduate 2016

Hi everyone :smile:

Couldn't seem to find a thread for podiatry for entry in 2016 so decided id make one. Has anyone heard anything yet? Where has everyone applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, doesn't seem to be much podiatry related for this year. I was planning on applying for 2017 entry, but having seen that NHS funding is being cut, I'm now attempting to apply for 2016. I'm a mature student and just applying to Huddersfield as I live nearby, but that seems to have been first choice for a lot of people in previous years, so a little worried about applying for just the one place.
Reply 2
HI, I've applied to Southampton uni, Northampton uni, Huddersfield uni, Cardiff met and Brighton for Podiatry entry 2016
Reply 3
I applied for Southampton, Northampton, Plymouth, Brighton and Uel
I've applied to Southampton, Northampton, Queen Margaret and Glasgow Caledonian. I've had offers from 3 and choosing Southampton as my firm. Anyone else thinking of putting Southampton as their firm?
Reply 5
Hi I have applied and received a conditional offer for podiatry with NCDurham. I can't wait to start. I am currently on a science access course as I'm a mature student:smile:
Original post by Vaishvd
HI, I've applied to Southampton uni, Northampton uni, Huddersfield uni, Cardiff met and Brighton for Podiatry entry 2016

Hi, which uni are you thinking of putting as your firm?
Reply 7
Original post by Eleanorkb5
Hi, which uni are you thinking of putting as your firm?

Haven't decided yet but hopefully after my interviews next week I will. By the way, are you aware of the maximum number of students allowed onto the podiatry course in Southampton and Northampton?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I've applied to Uel , Northampton , Southampton , Brighton and New college Durham . Have received invitation to an interview for Northampton .
Oh that's good, good luck with your interviews, and yes they give around 50 pupils places but I think it's only 30 places actually available, they told me they offer out more places than they actually have because students will obviously have other universities they'd prefer to go to if you know what I mean :smile:
Oh that's good, good luck with your interviews, and yes they give around 50 pupils places but I think it's only 30 places actually available, they told me they offer out more places than they actually have because students will obviously have other universities they'd prefer to go to if you know what I mean :smile:
may i. Ask if you had an interview at Southampton 😀
Yes I did, I have been offered a place and am going to put Southampton as my firm :smile:
that's good news :biggrin: any tips on the interview ?

Yes I did, I have been offered a place and am going to put Southampton as my firm :smile:
You just need to sound really enthusiastic about the course and really show you're interested and just have an overall positive attitude, it's not scary really so I wouldn't worry too much about it, hope this helps ☺️
Thanks it does help indeed I've been stressed about upcoming interviews :s .. 2 are on the same day too :/
At least you'll get them over and done with, don't worry about them as long as you're confident you'll be fine, I'm sure you'll do well ☺️
Reply 17
We were also asked to revise the NHS constitutional values for our pod interview😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimbarz
We were also asked to revise the NHS constitutional values for our pod interview😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

How were the group interviews?
Reply 19
The group interview was very informal and more about showing how well you worked as part of a team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest