The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics. Access course?

I'm hoping to study Nutrition and Dietetics in 2008. My A Levels are all humanities based, so I'm going to take an access course in sciences. On KCL's website it says they accept access courses, but is this really true or are they frowned upon? Is the Nutrition and Dietetics a difficult course to get on, is it ever in clearing?
Reply 1
Miss_Mischief
I'm hoping to study Nutrition and Dietetics in 2008. My A Levels are all humanities based, so I'm going to take an access course in sciences. On KCL's website it says they accept access courses, but is this really true or are they frowned upon? Is the Nutrition and Dietetics a difficult course to get on, is it ever in clearing?

well it must be true cos its written there - they wouldn't eb able to say they accepted access courses if they didnt. I know that Georges accepts alot of access students for its healthcare courses........acess course are not frowned upon from what I hear and see - lots of unis accept them

If you check up nutrition and dietietics on the UCAS site it'll give you an idea about entry requirements at each uni - competition for places etc and this will give you more of an idea about wether you fit their criteria or not.
I am coming to the end of my Access course, and applied to Kings to study Nutrition and Dietetics on the recommendation of my tutor.

I was rejected (I believe) because my course did not contain enough Chemistry credits.

Double check the number of credits available to you (particularly in Chemistry) before you apply to Kings.

Good luck! :smile:
I need questions to solve under nutrition and dietetics

Quick Reply

Latest