The Student Room Group

Atkins grad scheme 2016: Interested in transforming the future? Chat to us now!

Hey everyone,

We're really excited to be on TSR now! The team are on hand to chat about grad careers. We're still looking for people to join us in 2016. Are you looking for an opportunity? We could be it!

Tell us what you're studying and what you're interested in and let's see where you could fit in.

Atkins EC team :colondollar:

Let's go......

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Recent graduate in Chemical Engineering and interested in finance and technology.
Original post by Psherman42
Hi! Recent graduate in Chemical Engineering and interested in finance and technology.

Hey!

Have a look at this opp...http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/job/security-and-technology-graduate-development-programme-2016-jobid-ad-000048
Reply 3
Hey there

I've a BSc in Geology/Geoenvironment and MSc in Materials Science & Eng. Is that good for WG&E Ground Engineering or Science and Urban design?
Original post by KTS89
Hey there

I've a BSc in Geology/Geoenvironment and MSc in Materials Science & Eng. Is that good for WG&E Ground Engineering or Science and Urban design?

Hi KTS89

We look at Geology/Geoenvironmental in both Ground Engineering and Environment and Urban Design. So it's worth reading the descriptions checking that the roles you are interested in are still open, as we do have some earlier closing dates.

The next choice will be which to apply for; If it helps Ground Engineering design, build and repair all kinds of infrastructure from dams and mass transit systems to transport and utility infrastructure.

With Environment and Urban Design looking at EIA, Flood & Coastal Risk Management, Water Resources and Contaminated Land.
So there are some subtle differences to think about.

I hope this helps.

Mark - Atkins EC Team
Reply 5
Thank you, you've been helpful.
I`m doing an MSc in Polymer Materials Science and Engineering and hoping to work in materials engineering or technology
Hi! Is it possible to apply for more than one graduate scheme?
Reply 8
I have applied for a role in the Graduate Scheme, but after just entering my details and degree subject (without uploading any CV or CL) I received a messagae that I would be sent a Situational Judgment Test, which I haven't for a couple of weeks now. What does that mean?
Original post by KTS89
I have applied for a role in the Graduate Scheme, but after just entering my details and degree subject (without uploading any CV or CL) I received a messagae that I would be sent a Situational Judgment Test, which I haven't for a couple of weeks now. What does that mean?

Hi KTS89

We are reviewing lots of applications at the moment and it may be that we have some of these roles 'on hold' or 'closed to new applications' at this stage so we can spend the time reviewing everyone in the process. As we do spend time looking at each application as it comes through.

However we usually have a message that would inform you if this was the case on the job description on the website, or via an email.

If you drop us a direct message I will have at look at your status application status and give you a full update.

Mark- Atkins EC Team
Original post by jessicayoung
Hi! Is it possible to apply for more than one graduate scheme?

Hi Jessica

You can only apply to one graduate scheme with us in each yearly intake. As we like to try and make sure we find out what you are most interested in.

The good thing is that the early careers team work very closely together so if you do have more than one area of interest in your original application, we do look at that as well and if we think you would so suit another role, we do get in touch.

I hope this helps answer the question

Mark - Atkins EC Team
Original post by Petro_99
I`m doing an MSc in Polymer Materials Science and Engineering and hoping to work in materials engineering or technology

Hi Petro_99

We don't have any specific roles in materials science this year, however we do find material scientists do fit into some other areas of our business so we do consider these applications.

As you mention technology a good option would be to look at the Aerospace,Defence, Security & Technology (ADST) division.
If you have any questions let us know.

Thanks
Mark - Atkins EC Team
Reply 12
Hi, I am a first year undergraduate at Imperial College studying Maths and Computer Science. Could you please tell me if you have any internships or early insight programmes in software engineering or technology for 2016. Thanks
Original post by AIBO1
Hi, I am a first year undergraduate at Imperial College studying Maths and Computer Science. Could you please tell me if you have any internships or early insight programmes in software engineering or technology for 2016. Thanks

Hi AIBO1

We do have some things that you might find interesting. Our aerospace, defence, security and technology (ADST) team are looking for some systems and software placement students to work with them in Aldershot in 2016 and all you have to do is apply online through our website.

We also have a few areas like transportation, where we are working on the 'future' of transport networks through projects like 'smart motorways' and 'autonomous vehicles' where we look for people with interests in systems and software.

Do you have any particular projects that would interest you?

Mark - Atkins EC team
Reply 14
Is your middle east graduate scheme restricted to Civil engineers or are there opportunities for Mechanical? Also are the other international schemes restricted. I.e applying to applying for NA graduate scheme positions as a UK student. Thanks.

Would it be preferred to have an internship with Atkins even if it's less related to the graduate scheme or taking up an internship at a different company and then applying to the graduate schemes. I.e Geotechnical summer internship vs mechanical elsewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Is your middle east graduate scheme restricted to Civil engineers or are there opportunities for Mechanical? Also are the other international schemes restricted. I.e applying to applying for NA graduate scheme positions as a UK student. Thanks.

Would it be preferred to have an internship with Atkins even if it's less related to the graduate scheme or taking up an internship at a different company and then applying to the graduate schemes. I.e Geotechnical summer internship vs mechanical elsewhere.

Hi Sae.HH

I work in the UK team so I will help as much as I can here. The scheme in the middle east is a little smaller than our UK scheme with the majority of the roles having a civil engineering focus. I recommend having a read through the roles that interest you and checking if you meet the application criteria.

You are welcome to apply to each international scheme, however please only make one application per scheme.

Any internship experience is always useful, although it is not essential when applying to our schemes. The key thing is to make the most of any placements you have so i would recommend focusing on your area of interest.

I hope this helps.

Mark - Atkins -EC team
Hello Atkins.I applied for the design and Engineering graduate scheme.I passed the online test since 22nd of september 2015 yet I have not had any update on my application.
Hi Samoalfred

More than happy to look into this for you! Please can you contact us directly [email protected] including your name and I will give you a full update.

Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Suzanne - Atkins - EC team
Original post by Atkins Early Careers Team
Hi Samoalfred

More than happy to look into this for you! Please can you contact us directly [email protected] including your name and I will give you a full update.

Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Suzanne - Atkins - EC team
Thanks for your response.I have just sent in my email.
Hi Atkins!

Is it possible to know when decisions about telephone interviews might start being made? My application for Water, Ground and Environment has been on hold since November 5th.

Thanks,
Ceri

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending