The Student Room Group

Londoners how will you buy a house in the future

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paulwyn
nope, I work at TSR which is based in Brighton and live in Wimbledon, my commute door to door is an hour 20...and honestly I love it, rolling countryside, Battles on Spotify and churning through a good book. Despite being surrounded by people it's a great way of having time to yourself.

it would be 3 hours (maybe) if you lived in North London but considering it is 50 minutes Brighton to Victoria and 20 minutes Victoria to Kings X then even that is pretty quick.

Ultimately we have no right to home ownership, I saved relentlessly for 8 years to get deposit, stamp duty and all that crap together. It's not easy but it is doable.

An odd commute, I've not many who head out.

Would it not make sense to live closer to Victoria if that's the station you use or is it purely a money issue.
Original post by Rakas21
An odd commute, I've not many who head out.

Would it not make sense to live closer to Victoria if that's the station you use or is it purely a money issue.

Yeah it makes very little sense! Me and my fiance bought a flat in Wimbledon when I worked in Farringdon and she worked in Dorking, so Wimbledon was perfect...fast forward 2 years and I now work at TSR and am Brighton based and she works at MetLife...also Brighton based!

So yep, it's mental but circumstances and all that!
Original post by Paulwyn
i used to live in Barcelona so can speak first hand on the extortionate cost of living there,, not to mention the cockroaches that infest apartments when the street cleaners come round, the crime, the poverty, the lack of green space, HUGE drug problem and prostitution.As for Paris the center is very pretty, however, it can not compare to London for green open spaces, nightlife, culture even food. Also, if you venture outside of the center (I recently stayed near Chateau Rouge) it is an absolute hole, unsafe, overcrowded, poverty stricken slums.

A friend of mine lives in Paris and the house prices there are insane for a hovel, far, far more expensive than Zone 1 for nowhere near as much space.

Really, it might have changed but I knew someone who had a pretty average income and a really central flat, was great. Each to their own I guess, but I found Paris green enough and really beautiful, yes it has **** on the outside but it keeps more of it from the inside. I get what you say about London parks but in a lot of areas they are quite small and genuinely unsafe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending