The Student Room Group

Which universities for Computer Science?

Which types of unis would everyone recommend? Feel free to add suggestions!

My choices are: Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett and Nottingham Trent
Original post by simplicitymusic
Which types of unis would everyone recommend? Feel free to add suggestions!

My choices are: Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett and Nottingham Trent

What are your grades like?

I honestly wouldn't recommend most of those, aside from maybe Nottingham Trent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted D* D* D* this year as I got DD last year. What other unis would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Predicted D* D* D* this year as I got DD last year. What other unis would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

QMUL

Posted from TSR Mobile

YOU QUALIFY FOR WAAAAY BETTER UNIS THAN THE ONES YOU LISTED HAHA!!

CS = Computer Science
SE = Software Engineering

Bath - CS - D*D*D* (need an A at GCSE Maths)
Southampton - CS (with foundation year) - DDM
Royal Holloway - CS or SE - DDD
Nottingham - CS - D*D*D* (need 5 GCSEs at grade B or above)
Cardiff - CS - D*D*D*
Kings College London - CS - DDD
QMUL - CS - D*DD (B in GCSE Maths)
Loughborogh - D*DD (B in GCSE Maths + Maths for IT module)
Brunel - CS - DDD
Newcastle - CS - (on an individual basis)
Sussex - CS - DDD-DDM
UEA - CS - DDM
Aston - CS -DDD
Reading - CS - DDM
Kent - CS - (on an individual basis)
Swansea - CS - DDD
Lancaster - CS - DDD

Credit for most of this list goes to @yt7777

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha really? Most of the higher unis ask for A-Level Maths which I don't have as I'm not taking A-Levels, not too sure on what to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha really? Most of the higher unis ask for A-Level Maths which I don't have as I'm not taking A-Levels, not too sure on what to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wot, I just gave you a list of good unis that don't ask for A-level Maths..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't want to do anything else rather that computer science though mate, not software engineering etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't want to do anything else rather that computer science though mate, not software engineering etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Notice the 'or' in the post lol, there are both Software engineering and Computer Science courses available...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Princepieman
Notice the 'or' in the post lol, there are both Software engineering and Computer Science courses available...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont understand how people cant accept that not a lot of unis actually require A level maths :P
Original post by yt7777
I dont understand how people cant accept that not a lot of unis actually require A level maths :P

I'm just amazed at the lack of comprehension skills tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every uni on that list was for CS
Reply 12
Original post by Princepieman
I'm just amazed at the lack of comprehension skills tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, its crazy
Lol I don't understand why you'd add the key 'SE' for software engineering when there wasn't any on the list hahah, that's how I got confused. Never read it through properly just briefly lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I don't understand why you'd add the key 'SE' for software engineering when there wasn't any on the list hahah, that's how I got confused. Never read it through properly just briefly lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno pal, I don't do A level maths, also found a tonne of good unis that would accept me. Most RG too!

It takes like 10 seconds to find if a uni requires Maths and it takes another 10 seconds to access the uni and the CS course. Yeah, but seriously you need to up your reading skill bro! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah fair enough mate. Haha still got a C for GCSE English so it's all good lol 😂😂
I'm just gonna have to do some research for some RG unis that are decent for CS then.

Was just wondering if there was any more unis you lot would recommend as I'm applying for 2016.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending