The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management/Imperial College of London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have got an interview coming up. Can anyone tell me what it's like and what questions do they ask.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by jsh94
I have got an interview coming up. Can anyone tell me what it's like and what questions do they ask.

If you look above, you will see that I gave the examples of the questions they asked me. I am trying to remember the other ones but I can only think of one.

"What is the hardest part about moving to London and going to Imperial? and What have you done in your life to prepare you for it?"

Hope that helps.
Reply 22
Also, has anyone accepted their offer?
Original post by ben.belnap
Also, has anyone accepted their offer?

How much time they took for making the decision for your offer after interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Enjoythelife
How much time they took for making the decision for your offer after interview?

It was about a month later.
Reply 25
Got an offer today! Just wanna say good luck to all! xx
Reply 26
Original post by MM-
Got an offer today! Just wanna say good luck to all! xx

Congrats!! Hope to see you in September!
Hello Ben,
Congratulations for your offers and thank you for sharing your interview questions! I am also applying to IEM, and will have the video interview in a week. Could you share some insight in the interview preparation and the skills/methods to answer the questions, as I find 30 seconds of preparation and 1 minute of recording very short...Thank you so much!
Regards, Victoria
Me too, just got an interview. Best of luck!
Reply 29
Original post by VictoriaQ
Hello Ben,
Congratulations for your offers and thank you for sharing your interview questions! I am also applying to IEM, and will have the video interview in a week. Could you share some insight in the interview preparation and the skills/methods to answer the questions, as I find 30 seconds of preparation and 1 minute of recording very short...Thank you so much!
Regards, Victoria

The truth is, it is way short. You will finish and say "wow, that was quick". I don't know if I have the answers to your questions but I will try to give my opinion and advice.
I looked at questions in 3 main areas and outlined how I would answer them if they came up in the interview.

1. Leadership roles or leadership qualities
(questions like, When have you been a leader? What type of leader are you? Have you ever failed as a leader, if so, how did you correct it? What qualities are important as a leader and what have you done to obtain these qualities?)
2. Personal skills and abilities
( questions like, Why should we choose you? What is your greatest strength? Tell us about a time when you have overcome something difficult. Your greatest weakness? When have you shown an entrepreneurial mind?)
3. Problem solving
( I had been told that they ask you some sort of problem solving question to see how you would react. Each question is different but the idea is the same for every question. They want to see how you work under pressure or how you look at a situation. Google-Case interview questions for problem solving and you should find examples. I would practice a few of those.

Before my interview I knew how I would answer those questions. I didn't know word for word but I knew the general direction of how I would want to answer them and I think that helped.

Out of all of this I think the most important part of this is to seem natural. They don't want to see a robot answering questions. I think they want to see who you are. Talk to them like you are talking to a friend that you respect but also a friend. Think about your strengths and things you have done that make you stand out and find a way to talk about them in the interview. You want them to walk away saying, "that person was confident, natural, and unique."

Best of luck to you and feel free to ask any more questions and I will see if I can help in some way. Don't be nervous and just rock it!

Ben
I agree with Ben that the interview was short. I kept trying and preparing with the practice one for 1-2 hours but when it comes to the real interview it doesn't really help you out that much. The questions hit you so fast and quick so you really have to be on your feet and think on the spot. So, being yourself is best I guess.

Best of luck to you all. See you guys this September!
Reply 31
Just got an offer! :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by WG Lim
Just got an offer! :smile:

How long did it take from your interview to the offer?I had my interview 3 weeks ago.Thank you
Reply 33
Original post by VictoriaQ
Me too, just got an interview. Best of luck!

Any news? had my interview about the same time as you.
Reply 34
Original post by johancth
How long did it take from your interview to the offer?I had my interview 3 weeks ago.Thank you

Took them about 3 weeks! U should hear back from them soon :smile:
Reply 35
Hi guys!

I've been invited for an interview next week and I am preparing for the the big moment. I've already read your comments and info, which are extremely helpful to me, but I would like to ask if someone else, except for ben.belnap and miremind could share his interview questions, as well.

Thanks,
Konsi
Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat. Invited for an interview and would like to know what kinds of questions do they ask? How does the writing part work?

Original post by konsi
Hi guys!

I've been invited for an interview next week and I am preparing for the the big moment. I've already read your comments and info, which are extremely helpful to me, but I would like to ask if someone else, except for ben.belnap and miremind could share his interview questions, as well.

Thanks,
Konsi

Were you given a specific date? I was given a timeframe to do the interview at my own desired time.. or am I missing something here?
Reply 37
I had the following questions (or something like this):
Give an example of a non-academic group that you have participated in. What was your role?

Give an example of a "let down" and what did you do to make up for it?

Written: What do you expect from the student body and how can you contribute to it?

Can't remember the two last questions. :-/

I had my interview over 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Hi I just got my offer !! :biggrin:

What were the conditions you guys got?
Reply 39
Original post by johancth
Hi I just got my offer !! :biggrin:

What were the conditions you guys got?

I think the only conditions were to pay the deposit and maintain my GPA until I graduated.

What are your conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending