The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick law offer holders 2016!

Hey everyone :h:

I know there is already a thread for Warwick offer holders 2016, but I thought I'd start one for us Law applicants! Our offers seem to take forever while everyone else is getting there's left right and centre :colonhash:, so everyone can vent away here while waiting haha!
I have applied for the Llb 3 year course and I sent my UCAS in on the 21st October. I had an acknowledgment on the 26th October and I haven't heard anything yet! I am taking an Access to HE Diploma and I've also submitted an Awards form.

Good luck to everyone! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I completed a Cert. of HE in Legal Methods @ Birkbeck. I've asked Warwick if they'd be happy to consider my application? And they said yes on the condition that I receive a distinction. Which I did.

They recently asked me to send over transcripts.

Now. I'm twiddling my thumbs and refreshing my UCAS track every minute :biggrin: ....
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Pythian
I completed a Cert. of HE in Legal Methods @ Birkbeck. I've asked Warwick if they'd be happy to consider my application? And they said yes on the condition that I receive a distinction. Which I did.

They recently asked me to send over transcripts.

Now. I'm twiddling my thumbs and refreshing my UCAS track every minute :biggrin: ....

Brilliant! Fingers crossed for you then! :h:
Do you have maths and English GCSEs as well and did they want those?
Did anyone apply to the 4 year law course and has an offer?
Original post by Uni2016
Hey everyone :h:

I know there is already a thread for Warwick offer holders 2016, but I thought I'd start one for us Law applicants! Our offers seem to take forever while everyone else is getting there's left right and centre :colonhash:, so everyone can vent away here while waiting haha!
I have applied for the Llb 3 year course and I sent my UCAS in on the 21st October. I had an acknowledgment on the 26th October and I haven't heard anything yet! I am taking an Access to HE Diploma and I've also submitted an Awards form.

Good luck to everyone! :h:

What were your gcses and what extra stuff do you do? Mun, debate?
Reply 5
Original post by Praveen101
What were your gcses and what extra stuff do you do? Mun, debate?

Hiya,
I am currently on the access course as a mature student. The requirements according to their website in regards to an access course is a law related pathway, 60 credits in total, 33 at distinction the rest at merit. Currently doing a GCSE English, B grade is required.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there,

I applied for the 3 year LLB programme as a gap year applicant.

I achieved A*AA in Religious Studies, Biology and Chemistry
and 3A* 6A at GCSE

No offer or rejection so far
Reply 7
Original post by abdulmilad
Hi there,

I applied for the 3 year LLB programme as a gap year applicant.

I achieved A*AA in Religious Studies, Biology and Chemistry
and 3A* 6A at GCSE

No offer or rejection so far

When did you apply?
I applied last year for deferred entry so I will be joining you guys! Last year I sent my application on 13th October and got an offer on the 31st October but I was one of the first to get my offer last year 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello

I applied to the 4 year LLB Programme.
I sent my application on the 13rth of of October and received an offer on the 20th October.

I'm a French student so I could tell you my predicted grades but I'm not sure it's going to help you ahahha
Original post by Uni2016
When did you apply?

Hi there,

I applied I think on 26th October
Reply 11
Original post by abdulmilad
Hi there,

I applied I think on 26th October

Well with those kind of grades your sure to get an offer, but the wait is a killer hey?!:rofl3:
Keep us posted!
Good luck! :h:
Original post by Uni2016
Brilliant! Fingers crossed for you then! :h:
Do you have maths and English GCSEs as well and did they want those?

Yes. They wanted GCSEs and A-levels. I got AAB back in 2007. Back in then olden times they were considered good.

Fingers crossed for you too. :biggrin:
Original post by Uni2016
Hiya,
I am currently on the access course as a mature student. The requirements according to their website in regards to an access course is a law related pathway, 60 credits in total, 33 at distinction the rest at merit. Currently doing a GCSE English, B grade is required.

I'm "mature" applicant too. Thought I was the only one .... :angelblush:
Reply 14
Original post by Pythian
I'm "mature" applicant too. Thought I was the only one .... :angelblush:

Finally! Lol!
It's nice to meet someone who's slightly older. I'm 33 :biggrin:
Reply 15
I applied on the 3rd November! All i have got is an acknowledgement ao far😐😐
I got my acknowledgement on the 18th October and STILL nothing! why is this taking so long?!
Reply 17
Original post by liviward36
I got my acknowledgement on the 18th October and STILL nothing! why is this taking so long?!

The law department seem to be holding back on us! From what I've seen on here maybe only 5 or 6 if that have received offers! I wonder if any have been unsuccessful?!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi everyone!
I received an offer from Warwick for Law and the offer excludes general studies and critical thinking. I am doing Alevel Chinese and I am a native Chinese speaker. I am not too sure as to whether the offer AAA includes Chinese as I heard from another Chinese law student in Warwick say that Chinese is not included. Can anyone please explain it to me??
THANKS!
Reply 19
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi everyone!
I received an offer from Warwick for Law and the offer excludes general studies and critical thinking. I am doing Alevel Chinese and I am a native Chinese speaker. I am not too sure as to whether the offer AAA includes Chinese as I heard from another Chinese law student in Warwick say that Chinese is not included. Can anyone please explain it to me??
THANKS!

Might be a good idea to send Warwick an email asking them about it. Better to be safe!

I'm a post A-level applicant with A*A*A in History, Law, and Religious Studies. Applied on the 13th October. Nothing yet - this wait is the worst!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending