The Student Room Group

A question for all cashiers

Hi all, I work as a retail assistant in a large supermarket chain and have many duties from being the cashier to stocking up. My till was down today and I knew for a fact that I didn't give out incorrect change to the tune that they say I did, I triple check each transaction and for over a year have never got it wrong and just simply know when I am giving the right change. My manager told me after we had finished that it was down and I insisted it wasn't due to anything I had done and he said that he had 'spot checked it' before and after I had used the till and so it can't have gone anywhere, my question to you cashiers is what are the rules of how tills are used where you work? Are duty managers allowed to use your till and access it when they need to without you being there? Are you present when they cash off your till? At the moment my duty manager can use my till to serve customers so, and I'm not saying he unintentionally or intentionally did this but it could be the case that he made the mistake, he can access my till whenver he needs to get money out or put change in and so if a bad duty manager was to get ideas to steal he very easily could and blame the cashier and it would be near impossible to prove and they can also cash off the till when the cashier is not there, so if they wanted could skim a few pounds for thenselves and again the cashier would take the blame. To me it seems so anateur and wrong to do it this way as my record is now blemished for something that could very well be no fault of my own, so I just wanted to hear what other companies do with regards to tills that you are using, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending