The Student Room Group

Should I delete possibly bad social media profiles when I apply to uni?

Scroll to see replies

Unis won't care. Employers may have a look, but this will only be your posts and pictures. They're not going to sit there going through all your likes lol.
Reply 21
Universities won't care, nor will they have time to look at your social media activity. Employers will probably look at your facebook, but they won't bother to look at posts from the past six years, all of your likes etc, I worked in the office of an agency, and boss would just have a quick look at facebook profiles to get an idea of the person.
Original post by xlizx
Universities won't care, nor will they have time to look at your social media activity. Employers will probably look at your facebook, but they won't bother to look at posts from the past six years, all of your likes etc, I worked in the office of an agency, and boss would just have a quick look at facebook profiles to get an idea of the person.

What about if someone says they don't have a facebook account, do alarm bells ring? (I genuinely have never had one).
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
What about if someone says they don't have a facebook account, do alarm bells ring? (I genuinely have never had one).

Probably wouldnt, theyd just be like okay then
If you are worried maybe make one simply to have a profile, make it look professional and such
Reply 24

No employer or uni would care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Throughout my teen years messed about on social media posting stupid offensive stuff I am not proud of and yet I have got 5 offers... I doubt they bother to check and ultimately if they did they'd be looking for serious reasons (i.e violent /drugs) not just messing about posts
Reply 26

A lot of people don't have a Facebook account (I deactivated mine and will probably never go on it). In all honesty they genuinely don't care about your life aside from your educational background; maturity; skills.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending