The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Well, back to another week of constantly refreshing emails
Just got a work experience questionnaire! Due back by noon on the 7th. Bricking it already.
Anyone else who has met the cutoff but not received the questionnaire?
Reply 23
Hi, just received the questionnaire and did reach the cut-off too. Maybe you could contact Sarb to find out natha?

Has anyone received their username and password for the portal? It's referred to in the email but I can't find it!
Original post by hbg
Hi, just received the questionnaire and did reach the cut-off too. Maybe you could contact Sarb to find out natha?

Has anyone received their username and password for the portal? It's referred to in the email but I can't find it!

Yeah I think I'll send an email, but I expect they're probably not in the office so fingers crossed they're sending it in batches
Reply 25
Hey guys, just got mine too, does anyone know how many hours they are looking for?
I haven't got a username or password either. Maybe I'll email on Monday if nothing comes? I can't recall it in a previous email or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by kelsey21
I haven't got a username or password either. Maybe I'll email on Monday if nothing comes? I can't recall it in a previous email or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure because I thought that and then I searched Nottingham Portal on my email and found an email from just after I applied? I could be wrong but I just thought I'd mention it :smile:
Ahh thanks. I searched through my emails and it isn't a username password but a link to log into an account.

Thank you :smile: will fill this in on Monday as I'm working nights over the weekend 😴

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Yep, found it too, thanks 13yilde
A quick question. I know Nottingham focus a lot on work experience, but should we mention any shadowing that we have done on the work experience form too?

Well done to everyone who made it past the cut off :smile: I wish everyone sitting in March the very best of luck!
Reply 31
No problem, yeah I was wondering that too shassasing, mine is mainly shadowing :s
I think I'm probably going to put everything in there 13yilde and let them decide what they consider important. I haven't told work yet so slightly worried about them contacting them - guess it's one way for them to find out! :0

I'm sure they will all be supportive, but just don't want to have to tell everybody if I don't make it :frown:
Reply 33
Yeah definitely, it's still relevant :smile: I'm sure they will understand! You can deal with that if it comes to it but you might not have to!!!
Fingers crossed! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 35
You too!
Total duration "in days" ARE YOU ****ing me I have a year and a half to go through. Days is the most stupid measure possible!
Reply 37
Just out of curiosity, what sort of work experience do you guys have?

I'm feeling a little thin on that front and subsequently a bit worried. I've been working in Community Pharmacy for 2 years and have recently started working with GPs and Nurses in surgeries. I'm also a Cub Scout leader (don't know if I should mention that!) and have done some shadowing of docs in primary care.
I've not put everything down as there was only space for 5 placements. I put down 6 months of phlebotomy, 8 months of working as a HCA in mental health, I've included that I'm on the bank for HCA in mental health now, 2 days shadowing neurosurgeons in theatre, and finally running tutorials for 3rd year medics about Parkinson's disease and current research surrounding it whilst I was a researcher. I'm hoping that ticks enough boxes? Guess we'll find out soon.

Massive good luck to everyone, we're getting so close now :smile:
Original post by neuronerd
Total duration "in days" ARE YOU ****ing me I have a year and a half to go through. Days is the most stupid measure possible!

Tell me about it! I wasn't sure whether it means actual number of days worked, or days in possession of that role? I'm gonna guess it was the former... Yippeeeeeeeeeee! My HCA job shouldn't be too hard to work out but I hardly kept track of my voluntary days :frown: I'm not worried about not having enough experience; I feel I have plenty, I'm just worried that I won't be accurate enough with this form now haha

Original post by hbg
Just out of curiosity, what sort of work experience do you guys have?

I'm feeling a little thin on that front and subsequently a bit worried. I've been working in Community Pharmacy for 2 years and have recently started working with GPs and Nurses in surgeries. I'm also a Cub Scout leader (don't know if I should mention that!) and have done some shadowing of docs in primary care.

Your experience sounds fine to me. The impression I got from the open day was that they favour people who have had roles for a long time over those with loads of 2-3 day shadowing placements, for example. The fact that you worked for 2 years in Community Pharmacy bodes well. :smile:

I personally volunteered weekly as a mealtime assistant on a ward for about 7 months, and have a part-time job (part-time because I'm still completing my first degree) as a HCA at a private hospital which I've been doing since mid-July. I've also shadowed a good selection of doctors over the course of 2 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending