The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Accommodation 2016 entry

Hi, was just wondering if anybody could help me in picking accommodation at Hallam? I haven't had the chance to go and visit any so just going purely off the comments off here and what I've read off the website. I've looked into Leadmill Point, Trigon and The Anvil?? any comments on these on people who have lived there/living there or been on a tour around them?? Any comments will be grateful! thank you:smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I'm in same position as you! I haven't been to see it but I was ready a forum from last year!
Victoria halls is meant to be good as its close to everything including the town.
I read a few posts that were negative against trigon but then I also did see people posting who were actually living there that loved it!
I have no idea where to apply yet, I'm looking at ensuite rooms but I'm not overly bothered so I want to know where would be best????
I'm in city campus, will you be there, or the Carnegie campus???
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jennifermarsh97
Hi,
I'm in same position as you! I haven't been to see it but I was ready a forum from last year!
Victoria halls is meant to be good as its close to everything including the town.
I read a few posts that were negative against trigon but then I also did see people posting who were actually living there that loved it!
I have no idea where to apply yet, I'm looking at ensuite rooms but I'm not overly bothered so I want to know where would be best????
I'm in city campus, will you be there, or the Carnegie campus???

I'm going to the open day again on the 9th so hopefully I'll be able have a look around some accommodation! Victoria Halls looks really nice but apparently gets booked up really quickly, I liked the trigon because it was so close! The rooms look quite dark though and abit dated? I'm really looking for an ensuite, and sociable halls but not too far from City Campus! And yeah I'm going to be there, what are you going to be studying?
Reply 3
I went to the open day innnn september and have an offer from hallam, gonna make it my firm! I only looked at victoria hall and opal one really, i liked opal one the best but victoria halls is way cheaper and comes with like a toaster etc, i think i'm going to go for that.... I'm gonna try and get a double room haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amxxx
I'm going to the open day again on the 9th so hopefully I'll be able have a look around some accommodation! Victoria Halls looks really nice but apparently gets booked up really quickly, I liked the trigon because it was so close! The rooms look quite dark though and abit dated? I'm really looking for an ensuite, and sociable halls but not too far from City Campus! And yeah I'm going to be there, what are you going to be studying?

I am also going to the open day on the 9th and then an applicant day next year as well. Yeah i have been told that, but if i firm my place before we start applying i can hopefully get a place there, but i don't really know what to have as my second choice??
I want to be close to the campus, but also not a long distance from the town or supermarkets, i just don't know the best place?
i will be studying Marketing communications and Advertising, what are you doing??
Reply 5
Original post by jennifermarsh97
I am also going to the open day on the 9th and then an applicant day next year as well. Yeah i have been told that, but if i firm my place before we start applying i can hopefully get a place there, but i don't really know what to have as my second choice??
I want to be close to the campus, but also not a long distance from the town or supermarkets, i just don't know the best place?
i will be studying Marketing communications and Advertising, what are you doing??

I'm going to the applicant day too! But yeah you should be fine if you do that :smile: I've heard a lot of people saying the forge is really good and near to everything but it is a little dearer than some of the others? I have no idea what to do! I'm hoping this open day will help me
Ooo sounds good! I'm doing Events Management
Reply 6
Original post by hollyrw
I went to the open day innnn september and have an offer from hallam, gonna make it my firm! I only looked at victoria hall and opal one really, i liked opal one the best but victoria halls is way cheaper and comes with like a toaster etc, i think i'm going to go for that.... I'm gonna try and get a double room haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come you preferred Opal 1? Would you say its quite far from city campus, I just don't fancy having a far walk to campus if the weather isn't great! I love how close it is to the clubs and town though there really central! The price for what you get at Victoria Halls is so good :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by amxxx
How come you preferred Opal 1? Would you say its quite far from city campus, I just don't fancy having a far walk to campus if the weather isn't great! I love how close it is to the clubs and town though there really central! The price for what you get at Victoria Halls is so good :smile:

Opal one was a lot more modern and the rooms were a bit bigger! They also had like really pretty little pebbley things and statues outside the rooms, which i quite liked! But opal one and victoria etc are literally right in town and city campus is right in town too! It took just over 10 mins to walk from one to the other... I'll be based in city campus too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by hollyrw
Opal one was a lot more modern and the rooms were a bit bigger! They also had like really pretty little pebbley things and statues outside the rooms, which i quite liked! But opal one and victoria etc are literally right in town and city campus is right in town too! It took just over 10 mins to walk from one to the other... I'll be based in city campus too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right:smile: Sounds good, just can't believe the price difference between the two! Do you know if Victoria Hall has a common room, I've not seen anything to say it does? and really! 10 minutes isn't bad at all! What will you be studying? x
Reply 9
I'm going to be doing physics with education and QTS, how about you??
And i dont think it did, but i could be wrong, it may have had like a little study room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by hollyrw
I'm going to be doing physics with education and QTS, how about you??
And i dont think it did, but i could be wrong, it may have had like a little study room

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be doing Events Management! and Ahh right! I hadn't even really looked into Victoria Halls I was looking at Trigon and Leadmill Point but I've really changed my mind! Its such a hard decision I just don't want to make the wrong one!
Reply 11
What is triagon and leadmill like?? I never went to look at those ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by hollyrw
What is triagon and leadmill like?? I never went to look at those ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't seen them I was just looking at them online haha! Leadmill is supposed to be the 2nd best accommodation at Hallam! And trigon is supposed to be nice as well, there both quite modern but the bedrooms in Trigon look quite dark and dated. There not as close to the clubs and bars like Victoria Hall is though but closer to campus and the train station so I suppose you've just got to see whats priority:frown:
Reply 13
Victoria is close to city campus too :biggrin: its also about two seconds from pizza express and taco bell lmao! I dont know, i mean i think im gonna but victoria as my first and opal as my second but i feel like i should look at the others too, but i heard that people in the accommodation blocks by the campus dont like them, as its a very rough area and students get stopped in the streets by dodgy people...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
(Thats central quay and the ones near that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
What is this about rooms being dingy and dark in Trigon? Can't remember what the show flat was like last year, but Trigon was always my first choice and I've never regretted it!

A Block at Trigon has been refurbished this year, rooms definitely feel nicer. I made Anvil my reserve but I've never actually visited. Leadmill Point and Forge seem like busy locations, and Opal 1 is right across the road from the notorious Corp.
Reply 16
Original post by DavidB_
What is this about rooms being dingy and dark in Trigon? Can't remember what the show flat was like last year, but Trigon was always my first choice and I've never regretted it!

A Block at Trigon has been refurbished this year, rooms definitely feel nicer. I made Anvil my reserve but I've never actually visited. Leadmill Point and Forge seem like busy locations, and Opal 1 is right across the road from the notorious Corp.

The notorious corp??????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by hollyrw
The notorious corp?

I've heard from people at Opal 1 that it gets loud out there.
Reply 18
Is that the same pretty much all of sheffield?? I've spent a few nights in uni of's ranmoor since september and it's always dead noisy there in the middle of the night :') where dya think is the quitest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by DavidB_

Are you living in Trigon accommodation now then? whats it like, is it close to the bars and clubs? The rooms online didn't look as good as other accommodation but I liked the living area:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending