The Student Room Group

Just got rejected:(

Just got rejected from Warwick for PPE :frown: I ca't quite understand why, my predicted grades were higher than the offer, my AS's and GCSE's were solid, anyone know how I can find out why I was rejected?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nuttsford
Just got rejected from Warwick for PPE :frown: I ca't quite understand why, my predicted grades were higher than the offer, my AS's and GCSE's were solid, anyone know how I can find out why I was rejected?

https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/applications/

"We will provide feedback to candidates to whom we are not able to make an offer when this is requested in writing. You should be aware that decisions are made on a highly competitive basis and therefore we are often unable to make offers to all applicants who meet, or even exceed, the typical entry requirements."

In general, if your ASs were in any case below the offer, that can be critical even if your predicted grades are fine.
Reply 2
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/applications/

"We will provide feedback to candidates to whom we are not able to make an offer when this is requested in writing. You should be aware that decisions are made on a highly competitive basis and therefore we are often unable to make offers to all applicants who meet, or even exceed, the typical entry requirements."

In general, if your ASs were in any case below the offer, that can be critical even if your predicted grades are fine.

I got AAAA in my AS's so i really can't understand

Obviously you can email Warwick and find out why- however, grades are only one part of your application- maybe there were things in your PS or reference they didn't like. If lots of candidates apply with the right grades then unfortunately some will still be rejected.

Were your predictions much higher than your AS grades?
Reply 4

Hmm, that seems very unfair. What subjects did you do?
Reply 5
Got rejected for PPE just now too dw still have 4 other options

It could have been down to your personal statement or reference, rather than your academics. I'm sorry you didn't get an offer though, fingers crossed for your other 4 choices. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Obviously you can email Warwick and find out why- however, grades are only one part of your application- maybe there were things in your PS or reference they didn't like. If lots of candidates apply with the right grades then unfortunately some will still be rejected.

Were your predictions much higher than your AS grades?

I was predicted A*A*A, I heard when I went to visit Warwick that they don't even look at your PS! Just seems odd especially since a boy in my school got an offer last year with worst GCSE's, worst AS Levels AND worst predicted grades!
There may be something wrong with your personal statement or reference.
Reply 9
Original post by preetg97
It could have been down to your personal statement or reference, rather than your academics. I'm sorry you didn't get an offer though, fingers crossed for your other 4 choices. :smile:

Thank you :smile: I've already got an offer from Bath and just waiting for a decision from Oxford :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Zakmoh15
Got rejected for PPE just now too dw still have 4 other options

From Warwick too?
I was predicted A*A*A, I heard when I went to visit Warwick that they don't even look at your PS! Just seems odd especially since a boy in my school got an offer last year with worst GCSE's, worst AS Levels AND worst predicted grades!

for your personal statement did u write about all 3 of the subjects, or just two? I basically wrote about two, maybe that could have been the reason
From Warwick too?

yeah from warwick
Reply 13
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Hmm, that seems very unfair. What subjects did you do?

Maths, Geography, Politics and Economics, I dropped economics BUT it was made very clear that this was due to MAJOR teaching problems with the A2 economics course.
Reply 14
Original post by Zakmoh15
for your personal statement did u write about all 3 of the subjects, or just two? I basically wrote about two, maybe that could have been the reason

No I talked about all three. Pol and Eco in lost of detail and a bit about philos.
Reply 15
No I talked about all three. Pol and Eco in lost of detail and a bit about philos.

lots*

The thing is, applying to uni is a competitive process, and you're competing against the other people who apply this year, not the people who applied last year. If this year there's an especially high standard of applicants, then they will have to find a way to chose between them- and references and the PS are pretty much the only things available to them.

Also, I know you said your GCSEs were strong, but do you meet the requirement of an A in GCSE Maths? What about the preference for 1 science/maths subject and 1 essay based subject?

Ultimately though, only Warwick can tell you why you were rejected, everything on here is just guess work.
Reply 17
Maths, Geography, Politics and Economics, I dropped economics BUT it was made very clear that this was due to MAJOR teaching problems with the A2 economics course.

Well it's probably either them being super critical of this drop (which I can't imagine; as far as I recall many courses with economics in the title don't actually require even the AS level right?)or them really not liking something in your PS or reference. I guess If they don't exclusively ask or recommend an A level like politics that may have something to do with it as it's a little less traditional.
you can ask them for feedback on your application by email

quite strange that they didnt accept you...
Sorry to hear that dude, must be difficult to write a personal statement for combined subjects. I really don't understand why they would reject you though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending