Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds United F.C.

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    League One's Finiest is being a little generous :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TBH we are better off in League One if it discourages the attendance of the absolute scumbags who saw fit to invade the pitch yesterday. People talk about getting rid of deadwood players, but we have a few so called 'fans' I'd love to see the back of as well.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    We all hate leeds and leeds and leeds
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avocado)
    We all hate leeds and leeds and leeds
    Hahaha damn right.
    • 13 followers

Apparantly Leeds may have to go into administration which will mean they start with a 10 point deduction. Yet Ken Bates wants to put the ticket prices up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how administration is even possible when you consider that all of our major debts are gone, as of now.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    aren't leeds looking for investors? afaik, their big debts were erased at the end of this season, ridsdales dodgy contracts are finally up so they aren't paying wages for other teams, so they are beginning to look like a viable prospect finance wise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we are looking for new investors and have been for a while. Loads of people have been coming forward but Bates has had to rebuff virtually all of their advances because most of them want to remain as anonymous investors and the board aren't happy. I know some fans have been complaining that we are in no position to turn down money, but considering all the terrible financial decisions that have been made in the past, I completely understand why Uncle Ken wants to know where the money is from.

People still talk about all of these mammoth debts we accumilated, but most of the £120million was paid off and we have actually been working on a virtually debt free, break even basis for quite a while now. Our last big contract was Gary Kelly, who has been on just over £40,000 a week since he signed his last contract with Ridsdale (huge by any stretch of the imaginary, but even more so when you consider it's Gary Kelly). Kells was due to get a massive bonus for appearences this year though, which is why he has been dropped for a while, so we didn't have to pay him (It has also been his intention all season to retire and go back to Drogheda). He got a pretty glass bowl instead No wonder he looked so pissed off during the presentation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what do a cordless drill and the Championship have in common??

no Leeds
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: I've never known anyone's relegation to be met with such joy across the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPyH5mfQntg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOocnhT8FPY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a massive blow to be relegated to League 1. Watching on Saturday was not only disappointing in terms of the outcome of the result but the way that some of the idiots that ran onto the pitch was nothing short of shameful. But I stress that it was a minority of "fans" who seem to not understand how to conduct themselves.

As far as I am concerned it seems that the right thinking true football fans of the top clubs in the Premiership (Liverpool, Arsenal even Chelsea and Man Utd) they do, at this time, feel sympathy for Leeds United because the rivalry is something they enjoyed and savoured and for a club that was similar in stature to the above mentioned ones to fall so spectacularly is nothing short of terrible for those who care about Leeds Utd and football in general.

For those who sit back and laugh as a bit of a joke fair enough the stick that we have taken makes it feel like water off a duck's back but for those who sit back and laugh maliciously and take genuine pleasure in our relegation, well, each to their own but it's not really called for.

It hasn't been said on this board but if there are any Ipswich fans on here who were there on Saturday I would apologise unreservedly for the disgusting behaviour of those who ran onto the pitch and acted in such a shocking manner.

for the leeds fans on this board. we'll be back, it might take many seasons but i'm pretty sure we'll be back eventually. MOT.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    AAJ1, I agree with alot you say there. I am not sure I posted it here earlier, but the Ipswich fans must have been terrified. I'd like to think that most people can see it's a small minority and that the rest of us made our feelings about te invasion perfectly clear though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    AAJ1, I agree with alot you say there. I am not sure I posted it here earlier, but the Ipswich fans must have been terrified. I'd like to think that most people can see it's a small minority and that the rest of us made our feelings about te invasion perfectly clear though
    Maaarrrrrrrching down together !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way, AAJ1, do you when Season Ticket info is coming out? I couldn't get a program anywhere on Saturday and I assume there was probably something about it in there.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wise, Wise, whatever have you done?
    You've taken Leeds to Division One.
    You won't win a cup, you won't win a shield,
    your biggest game will be Huddersfield.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Wise, Wise, whatever have you done?
    You've taken Leeds to Division One.
    You won't win a cup, you won't win a shield,
    your biggest game will be Huddersfield.

Well, it was Blackwell who got us relegated as far as I am concerned.
    I hope the opposition teams think of a better chant for us, cos I am pretty bored of that one already.
    I'd rather listen to endless looping of "Who the ****ing hell are Leeds". At least there is some linkage.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it administration is on the horizon
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    By the way, AAJ1, do you when Season Ticket info is coming out? I couldn't get a program anywhere on Saturday and I assume there was probably something about it in there.
    Yer i couldn't get a programme on saturday either! they didnt print enough it seems. from what i've heard season ticket info will be posted on may 12th.

i'll just have to try and get to as many away games as possible...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAJ1)
    Yer i couldn't get a programme on saturday either! they didnt print enough it seems. from what i've heard season ticket info will be posted on may 12th.

i'll just have to try and get to as many away games as possible...

Cool, hopefully the prices won't have risen too much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Rumour has it administration is on the horizon
    Let's hope it is after this Sunday which will mean they miss the deadline and incur a 10 point deduction for the next season!

Wahay!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 4, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.