Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds United F.C.

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy Stardust)
    Let's hope it is after this Sunday which will mean they miss the deadline and incur a 10 point deduction for the next season!

Wahay!
    The rumour has been going round for ages, around three years to be precise
    I'll believe it only when it happens, we didn't have to go into administratio last time we were "DEFINITELY" going to have to do it.

To be honest, I would be surprised if we had to go into Administration as we have no real financial problems; we are not massively in the red, but we are just not making much profit beyond the break even margain, but how many football clubs are? Even if we do go into Administration, it could work out alright in the end. Leicester City were all the better for it for example. if you think there are around 19/20 **** teams in the CCC, every single team in League One is crap so I don't think making up the ten points quickly would be beyond us, depending on the player situation. Cresswell and Blake have both said that whatever happens, they are happy to stay for another season if we are looking to get promoted straight away and League One should be a piece of cake for them. Dougie wants to stay, Ankergren will probably stay and Rui is likely to. Plus, we have alot of extremely talented youth players we didn't want to spoil in the CCC that will definitely get a good chance at playing next season. Not sure about Aaron Burns, but Jamie Mullan will do well for us assuming he signs and obviously there is alot of talk about Constantine. Scunthorpe are unlikely to keep Beckford so depending on what Bates intends to do re: sales, I won't be overly concerned, whatever happens.

I know alot of people are overcome with joy at our relegation woes but to be honest, it's been greeted with alot of positivity from most of the Leeds supporters. It's a good chance for a fresh start where we can have the proper rebuilding session that we couldn't do when we got relegated last time due all the various problems we had been lumbered with, eg. debt, Blackwell, existing contracts etc.

The only thing I am a little dissapointed by it the quality of the put down songs that other fans are singing. I am hoping to be greeted with something abit more creative in August, but then again, it's plenty of time to get your thinking caps on.
    • 11 followers

League One is very hard to get out of for any team.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's my life)
    League One is very hard to get out of for any team.

It will be difficult, but it's doable. Our problems aren't going to get solved overnight, but we have been waiting several years for the chance to make a difference and now seems like the first and best opportunity. Last week; after getting over everything that went on with the morons and everything, relegation had me obviously upset, but kind of relieved.
    • 11 followers

I think the vast majority of Leeds fans were appalled at what happened, I seen alot of footage on youtube with Leeds fans screaming get the **** off the pitch, to all the idiots who invaded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the vast majority of Leeds fans were appalled at what happened, I seen alot of footage on youtube with Leeds fans screaming get the **** off the pitch, to all the idiots who invaded.
    woo hoo another villa fan, yey, leeds fans did always used to take the mick out of me saying ha ur a villa fan look at us in the champions league blah blah blah ull never be like us, so iv got to say this: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA league one ha ha ha ha ah ah aha ah aha ah aha ha

I know its nasty but SOME of you deserve that.
    • 11 followers

(Original post by heppelstone16)
    woo hoo another villa fan, yey, leeds fans did always used to take the mick out of me saying ha ur a villa fan look at us in the champions league blah blah blah ull never be like us, so iv got to say this: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA league one ha ha ha ha ah ah aha ah aha ah aha ha

I know its nasty but SOME of you deserve that.

weehhayy nice to see another Villa fan around, there isn't many of us. I never forget when we played then in the League Cup final at Wembley once
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most of us were disgraced but to be honest, it's almost like a tradition now that the majority of us get showed up by a few stupid individuals. With any luck, they will all be identified and banned.

Incidentally, I don't mind Villa. Probably something to do with the fact that I don't like Birmingham thought.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Mellie, when i said we would go down i knew nothing about football eh?

Leeds fans were disgraceful but a part of me sympathises.
    Looking forward to League 1 football and some good local derbies.

MOT!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leftite)
    So Mellie, when i said we would go down i knew nothing about football eh?
    I was trying to be supportive of the team, when I made those comments we were still mathematically in it and other teams around were looking like they were going to tail off. I am not going to apologise for thinking positive though.

Have you heard anything about the announcement this afternoon? If it's definitely administration, I think I might almost be quite impressed with Bates.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    weehhayy nice to see another Villa fan around, there isn't many of us. I never forget when we played then in the League Cup final at Wembley once
    - their is more of us than you think, they are just hiding till next season when we are in the top 6
    • 11 followers

(Original post by Leftite)
    Looking forward to League 1 football and some good local derbies.

MOT!!
    Well I do hope you stuff Huddersfield, because I really hate them.
    • 11 followers

(Original post by heppelstone16)
    - their is more of us than you think, they are just hiding till next season when we are in the top 6
    Mind you I did notice some new replies to my Aston Villa thread I started nearly year ago
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the annoucement re: administration is strongly linked to the Pheonix package!!!!!!!!!!11.
    This could almost get exciting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fao Leftite:

"what should happen today

4.30pm leeds united goes into administration

4.45 a new group called leeds united 2007 limited will buy leeds...with of course bates in the group and hes remaining as a chairman!
    bates beeing the biggest leeds creditor will make the best offer and the board will sell to him!"

So basically, we are going down bottom with our ten point deduction but Bates is buying back the club debt free. This is IMMENSE!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Fao Leftite:

4.45 a new group called leeds united 2007 limited will buy leeds...with of course bates in the group and hes remaining as a chairman!
    bates beeing the biggest leeds creditor will make the best offer and the board will sell to him!"

So basically, we are going down bottom with our ten point deduction but Bates is buying back the club debt free. This is IMMENSE!
    where are you gettin this info from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    where are you gettin this info from?

A usually reliable source. I know that's vague. But I never listen to speculation and this guy usually gets everything right.

Obviously I will look a massive fool if this is wrong
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds massive tbh. would be good to see leeds with a fresh start, always liked them and still keep an eye on what they do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Fao Leftite:

If this is true it'll be very interesting to see what the reactions of other teams will be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InPictureLoansWeTrust)
    If this is true it'll be very interesting to see what the reactions of other teams will be.

It's hard to predict, but I imagine they will be miffed about it. After all, we will be relegated in an essentially much better position, as opposed to Luton and Southend who might lose out. I imagine they will call for our heads but as far as I can tell, it's perfectly legal. I think that it's a loophole that rarely gets exploited in these situations and usually clubs going into administation can not afford to buythemselves the title of main creditor. But obviously, Bates has his own money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    would be good to see leeds with a fresh start
    Cheers. We have been waiting for said fresh start since we got relegated last time and it's never come along. This will hopefully be the start of something good.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 4, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.