Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds United F.C.

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought the date for administration and losing the 10 points this season had passed so you would start in league one bottom with -10.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I thought the date for administration and losing the 10 points this season had passed so you would start in league one bottom with -10.
    I thought it had passed about three weeks ago, but it's now the last game of the Season ie. Sunday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it was officially annouced a minute or so ago.
    We are in admin, ten points down and Bates is buying.

WOOOOP!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6624731.stm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

No wonder everyone hates us

Even in times of crisis, we can still pull something jammy out the bag

Told ya
    • 12 followers

Only question is now, will it be applied this season or the start of next season?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    No wonder everyone hates us

Even in times of crisis, we can still pull something jammy out the bag

Told ya
    lol.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's my life)
    Only question is now, will it be applied this season or the start of next season?
    bbc says they are relegated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

It applies now. The deadline in March is for teams already relegated. Even on Saturday, we were not officially relegated because technically, if we went to Derby on the last game and won 9-0, we'd be safe.

Obviously, we would never have been able to make up the points difference but you can't really argue with the maths.

So the ten points comes off now.
    • 12 followers

Oh yes, so it does, well it's probably best to take the 10 point deduction now rather than the start of next season. But surely now it means they will finish bottom of the Championship.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, so it does, well it's probably best to take the 10 point deduction now rather than the start of next season. But surely now it means they will finish bottom of the Championship.
    Yeah we finish bottom, but that's life. We had a terrible start to the season and were lucky to stay fighting for survival as long as we did. We knew we couldn't have gone to derby and lashed them 10/11 nil on Sunday so going down bottom...well, we'll get over it. Out of the bottom three, we put up the best fight and it's not football that is sending us down as the bottom of the table, it's money.

At the end ofthe day, we are starting a brand new season with a clean slate. It's Ken's first real season where he is owning a club that isn't mangled by other people's problems and it's Dennis' first real season as manager. It's exciting times really. We have been stuck in the past, embroiled in bitterness for too long and it's time to look forward. To many, the idea of League One football is about as attractive as a sexual threesome with Widdecombe and Thatcher but it's a fantastic chance for youth development, to maybe unearth some lower league talent and of course, hopefully have abit of a success.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is that fair? 10 points deduction when your already down! Their getting away free in a way! Should be carried over to next season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope Hull loose 9-0 and leeds win.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncle_fish)
    How is that fair? 10 points deduction when your already down! Their getting away free in a way! Should be carried over to next season.
    We weren't already down though, that's the point.

As I said previously, I know we couldn't have made the goal difference up, but mathematically, we were not officially relegated like Luton and Southend were. And we are getting a fairly easy deal, but the loophole is there to be exploited.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bah will be fun watching Leeds suffer in league 1 with Ken 1 million for a fish tank bates in charge
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    We weren't already down though, that's the point.

As I said previously, I know we couldn't have made the goal difference up, but mathematically, we were not officially relegated like Luton and Southend were. And we are getting a fairly easy deal, but the loophole is there to be exploited.
    Regardless of whether we were already down (and apart from technically, we pretty much were down) LUFC haven't done anything wrong in opting for administration now.

If we'd won on Saturday and then gone to Derby and won and either Barnsley or Hull had dropped a point then we'd have been safe and most likely gone into administration in the summer and started the CCC -10. Which would have been better than starting League 1 with 0.

Cambridge Utd did something similar a couple of seasons back when they were relegated to the conference. They had already been relegated mathematically and then went into administration and so lost points for that present season, not the following one. It's a clear loophole in the rule, any other club would and in my view SHOULD do the same if they found themselves in similarly precarious positions.

They can't change the rules because we haven't gone down on the last day of the season. It's the 'beauty' of administration.

That said, I don't think it's a wonderful thing that Bates has bought back Leeds without the administrators even looking at other offers. From various sources there were up to 7 serious consortia (is that the plural?) interested, including LUST (the leeds united supporters trust) in buying the club given its new, almost debt-free status.

Que será, será.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did the same thing happen to Lancaster this season? They must have been docked more than 10 points know because they finished the season with only 1 point.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncle_fish)
    Did the same thing happen to Lancaster this season? They must have been docked more than 10 points know because they finished the season with only 1 point.
    docked 10 points, then thier team left so they got ringers from the uni and city to play...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are definitely other consortiums interested, including one lead by Terry Brown ( :mad: ) but to be honest, I can not see Ken putting himself a situation where he wouldn't get the club back. It's as good as his.

Also, further to my disbelief at the 35million pound debt we had magically acrewed...I now have it on good authority that the debt was probably just shy of ten million. I knew we didn't have enough debt for admin! I am interested to see how Bates pulled this off, although we will probably never find out.

One things for certain though, he was obviously leading the company in the Virgin Islands that bought Elland Road and Thorpe Arch. So clearly, administration has been a long term plan of his and he bought the ground on the sly so it couldn't be sold on by administrators. He's been alot busier than we thought lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Filthy Leeds enjoy your last day in the Championship! Hahahaha!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 4, 2014
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.