The Student Room Group

I don't know what exam board I did my English GCSE with and I can't find certificate

I have been filling out my UCAS application and I'm stuck on my English GCSE qualification.. I know I got a C but I got it in year 9 (so when I was 13/14) and now I'm in college (and I'm 19) so it's been 5/6 years and I have no idea where my certificate is (if I even got one.. My school never gave me my maths one but I do have it on one of those qualification lists) and I can't find the qualification list with it on either..
Our college UCAS application deadline is next week and pretty much everything else is done (I just sorted out the line count in my personal statement!! :smile:) so this is really all what's left to sort out!! Should I just put one of the exam boars of a similar course such as English Liturature? Do they check it? I know I did get a C grade so even if they do check it then the grade will be right..
Call up your secondary school.
Original post by LillyLisaa
I have been filling out my UCAS application and I'm stuck on my English GCSE qualification.. I know I got a C but I got it in year 9 (so when I was 13/14) and now I'm in college (and I'm 19) so it's been 5/6 years and I have no idea where my certificate is (if I even got one.. My school never gave me my maths one but I do have it on one of those qualification lists) and I can't find the qualification list with it on either..
Our college UCAS application deadline is next week and pretty much everything else is done (I just sorted out the line count in my personal statement!! :smile:) so this is really all what's left to sort out!! Should I just put one of the exam boars of a similar course such as English Liturature? Do they check it? I know I did get a C grade so even if they do check it then the grade will be right..

Ring your old school and find out. Then you need to make sure you get your certificates for all your GCSEs. You need original certificates at some point e.g. job applications
Reply 3
Try contacting the school you went to and they should able to tell you what exam board they did at the time. Also try contacting the exam board for the certificates as you'll need them later on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by aamirac
Try contacting the school you went to and they should able to tell you what exam board they did at the time. Also try contacting the exam board for the certificates as you'll need them later on.

I'll need them for uni? :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by LillyLisaa
I'll need them for uni? :frown:

Not not necessarily, just when you apply for jobs in the future. It's better to get them soon so you don't have to worry about it later on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending