The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff offer holders? (2016 entry)

How many people have had offers from Cardiff university? I'm still waiting for mine and I'm getting anxious waiting (I sent my application off a month ago) I've received 4 offers but this is my first choice, also what did you apply for and what are your predicted grades?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I do, got an offer 3 days later :smile: I hope yours found you well, since this thread was made a week ago? :h:

Subject; Applied software Engineering
Grades: ABB
Offer: ABB
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by chemstudent314
How many people have had offers from Cardiff university? I'm still waiting for mine and I'm getting anxious waiting (I sent my application off a month ago) I've received 3 offers but this is my first choice, also what did you apply for and what are your predicted grades?

I had 2 (I applied twice because I wasn;t sure at the time which one I preferred)
Predicted Grades: A*AB/AAB
Politics and Sociology: ABB offer. Came after 3 weeks.
Social Analytics and Politics: ABB offer. Came after 6 days.

I've firmed the second one now, and I'm so happy! :smile:

Best of luck with your application! What are you applying for?
Reply 3
Mine came 6 days later.
Applied for : Business Economics
Predicted grades : AAAB (I already have one full A-level in Russian at an A grade)
Offer : AB (so I just need to get two A-levels basically)
I'm not sure which uni to choose because Manchester has the same grades and they're at the same level I heard.
Original post by emiloujess
I had 2 (I applied twice because I wasn;t sure at the time which one I preferred)
Predicted Grades: A*AB/AAB
Politics and Sociology: ABB offer. Came after 3 weeks.
Social Analytics and Politics: ABB offer. Came after 6 days.

I've firmed the second one now, and I'm so happy! :smile:

Best of luck with your application! What are you applying for?

Wow well done! Are you waiting more any for replies? I applied for biomedical sciences but I haven't heard anything :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tyskan4ik
Mine came 6 days later.
Applied for : Business Economics
Predicted grades : AAAB (I already have one full A-level in Russian at an A grade)
Offer : AB (so I just need to get two A-levels basically)
I'm not sure which uni to choose because Manchester has the same grades and they're at the same level I heard.

That's great! Well done, I sent my application off over a month ago and that's the only uni I haven't heard back from. Manchester and Cardiff are both Russell group unis with equally good statuses, have you been to any open days?:smile:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I do, got an offer 3 days later :smile: I hope yours found you well, since this thread was made a week ago? :h:

Subject; Applied software Engineering
Offer: ABB

That's so fast wow! well done!:smile:
Thank you, I'm still waiting, the waiting is agonising:'( I applied for biomed so I'm not sure if different departments take longer than others?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
That's great! Well done, I sent my application off over a month ago and that's the only uni I haven't heard back from. Manchester and Cardiff are both Russell group unis with equally good statuses, have you been to any open days?:smile:

I live in London LOL. I've never been further than Leicester. I firmed my Cardiff offer though and made Manchester insurance even though they want the same. :smile: good luck!
Original post by tyskan4ik
I live in London LOL. I've never been further than Leicester. I firmed my Cardiff offer though and made Manchester insurance even though they want the same. :smile: good luck!

Oh i see, cardiff is nice i've never been to Manchester so I have no idea. Thank you, goodluck with your studies and everything!:smile:
Wow well done! Are you waiting more any for replies? I applied for biomedical sciences but I haven't heard anything :/

Nope, I've firmed Cardiff now :smile: I'm sure you'll start getting offers soon, which other Universities have you applied to?
Got my offer yesterday although was too scared to check UCAS track until now!

Subject: Chemsitry with a year abroad
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Offer: AAB
Reply 11
Got my offer from Cardiff about a month ago for Journalism. I have never been to Cardiff, it's actually my first year in the UK. Anyone applied to the same course? It is #1 for Journalism but I'm clueless if Wales' good and if the university is as exciting and good as it sounds. Anyone went to an open day or visited the city?
Nope, I've firmed Cardiff now :smile: I'm sure you'll start getting offers soon, which other Universities have you applied to?

I hope so:/ reading, Kent, Aston and Bangor what about you?:smile:
Original post by Noura AZ
Got my offer from Cardiff about a month ago for Journalism. I have never been to Cardiff, it's actually my first year in the UK. Anyone applied to the same course? It is #1 for Journalism but I'm clueless if Wales' good and if the university is as exciting and good as it sounds. Anyone went to an open day or visited the city?

Oh it's absolutely beautiful! The city isn't too crowded either, it's spread out which is brilliant. I don't normally like city universities but I fell for this one completely. I knew I wanted to go to University in Wales so I went to look at it just out of curiousity and now it's my firm.

I hope so:/ reading, Kent, Aston and Bangor what about you?:smile:

I also applied to Birmingham, Aberystwyth and Swansea. I withdrew from Swansea and Aberystwyth is my insurance :smile:

Bangor's absolutely lovely, I'm still in love with the place.
Got mine for Law on Friday :biggrin:
Original post by D_Fielding
Got mine for Law on Friday :biggrin:

congratulations! where else have you applied?:smile:
Oh it's absolutely beautiful! The city isn't too crowded either, it's spread out which is brilliant. I don't normally like city universities but I fell for this one completely. I knew I wanted to go to University in Wales so I went to look at it just out of curiousity and now it's my firm.

I also applied to Birmingham, Aberystwyth and Swansea. I withdrew from Swansea and Aberystwyth is my insurance :smile:

Bangor's absolutely lovely, I'm still in love with the place.

I've never been but I've seen pictures and its looks pretty nice, but I really want to go cardiff! I'm still waiting for a reply though, congratulations on your offers! :biggrin:
I've never been but I've seen pictures and its looks pretty nice, but I really want to go cardiff! I'm still waiting for a reply though, congratulations on your offers! :biggrin:

Bangor is absolutely gorgeous, I would have applied there for definite but they don't do Politics *cries* if everything goes to **** on results day though, I'll try and get in through Clearing for Social Policy and Economics which is close enough :tongue: Social Policy was my favourite part of Sociology AS (and I was lucky because it came up in both exams!!)

The course in Cardiff is amazing though!! :colondollar: and the city, well... Doctor Who and Torchwood is all I have to say about that!
Just got my offer through for Computer Science yesterday, only sent my UCAS away last week!
The only thing is my school aren't letting us see our predicted grades!
I sent my UCAS well over a month ago, and received an offer from Cardiff within 2 days.

Subject: Philosophy
Predictions: AAA

Not yet firmed as still deciding between Liverpool and Cardiff for 1st choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending