The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography Interview/Selection Day

So I have an interview next Friday (20th November 2015) at City University London for Radiography and I'm beyond nervous! Has anyone else been invited? What can I expect to happen in the actual interview? Does anyone know how many people have been invited? Surely I can't be the only one if they're holding a presentation and a few tests?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alltxmelow
So I have an interview next Friday (20th November 2015) at City University London for Radiography and I'm beyond nervous! Has anyone else been invited? What can I expect to happen in the actual interview? Does anyone know how many people have been invited? Surely I can't be the only one if they're holding a presentation and a few tests?

well done! I've also got an interview for radiography in City University London next Friday!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by nlmd1997
well done! I've also got an interview for radiography in City University London next Friday!

Aw thank you! Well done to you too! :smile: I'm so nervous!
Reply 3
Aw thank you! Well done to you too! :smile: I'm so nervous!

thanks! me too! just going to prepare all week and see how it turns out :P
Reply 4
thanks! me too! just going to prepare all week and see how it turns out :P

Yeah! :smile: If you don't mind me asking, how are you preparing for it other than practising the tests? And where else have you applied to?
Reply 5
Yeah! :smile: If you don't mind me asking, how are you preparing for it other than practising the tests? And where else have you applied to?

well i have an interview tuesday that doesnt have tests so at the moment im just reading a bit from other threads, seeing the kinds of questions they ask and going over how ill answer them. As for the tests ill look at them through the week. I've applied to Portsmouth, Leeds, City University, Liverpool and Bangor. How about you?
Reply 6
well i have an interview tuesday that doesnt have tests so at the moment im just reading a bit from other threads, seeing the kinds of questions they ask and going over how ill answer them. As for the tests ill look at them through the week. I've applied to Portsmouth, Leeds, City University, Liverpool and Bangor. How about you?

Oh right, good luck for the interview on Tuesday! :smile: That's a good idea. I've heard that at City you also have to do a written task about the role and importance of a radiographer as well as why you've chosen that course. But that was 2010 so I don't know what it's like now :P

I've applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at City University London, Salford, Cumbria and St George's University of London and MSci Medical Physics at UCL which isn't NHS funded so it'd be more expensive. At the moment, if I end up getting all 5 offers, I wouldn't know which to pick because they all have their advantages to me in some way or another!
Reply 7
Oh right, good luck for the interview on Tuesday! :smile: That's a good idea. I've heard that at City you also have to do a written task about the role and importance of a radiographer as well as why you've chosen that course. But that was 2010 so I don't know what it's like now :P

I've applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at City University London, Salford, Cumbria and St George's University of London and MSci Medical Physics at UCL which isn't NHS funded so it'd be more expensive. At the moment, if I end up getting all 5 offers, I wouldn't know which to pick because they all have their advantages to me in some way or another!

Thanks! ahh okay, i havent heard of them doing that recently but we'll see! oh wow good choices there! thats the good thing about applying so early, now you have time to figure it out!:smile:
Reply 8
Yeah this time next week it'll be out the way and hopefully have gone well for both us haha :P aw thank you, your choices are good too! I wanted to apply to Liverpool and Leeds too but ran out of choices aha
Hi guys, I am also attending the selection day on Friday. Nervous is an understatement!
Original post by harveytom
Hi guys, I am also attending the selection day on Friday. Nervous is an understatement!

At City University London? I've just looked at some practice tests for numeracy and literacy, going to be spending all week preparing
Reply 11

At City University London? I've just looked at some practice tests for numeracy and literacy, going to be spending all week preparing

Yeah I'm using the links in the email they sent us to prepare and looking up common Radiography interview questions. Also going to try and read up on the NHS constitution because they want to make sure our views reflect that of the NHS. I'm nervous too because I've never had a serious interview before and I don't know how to dress or what to expect.
Yeah I'm using the links in the email they sent us to prepare and looking up common Radiography interview questions. Also going to try and read up on the NHS constitution because they want to make sure our views reflect that of the NHS. I'm nervous too because I've never had a serious interview before and I don't know how to dress or what to expect.

I'm using the Edexcel Practice Tests but I'm only doing level 2. Presumably it is more difficult than level 1? who knows? lol
Reply 13
I'm using the Edexcel Practice Tests but I'm only doing level 2. Presumably it is more difficult than level 1? who knows? lol

Yeah that's basically what I assumed aha. Isn't level 2 like GCSE standard?
Yeah that's basically what I assumed aha. Isn't level 2 like GCSE standard?

Yes, I'm sure it is. I'm struggling with some Maths questions as I'm only just studying my GCSEs :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Yes, I'm sure it is. I'm struggling with some Maths questions as I'm only just studying my GCSEs :s-smilie:

Oh are you like resisting your GCSE's or something? Don't worry too much about it! I know that they won't make a decision just based on your results so if you don't end up doing that well in the maths tests you'll still have the interview and such to fall back on. Just try your best! :smile:
Oh are you like resisting your GCSE's or something? Don't worry too much about it! I know that they won't make a decision just based on your results so if you don't end up doing that well in the maths tests you'll still have the interview and such to fall back on. Just try your best! :smile:

I'll be taking them for the very first time in June:colondollar: I'll just have to do my best. Really dreading the interview in case my answers don't match the NHS values
Reply 17
I'll be taking them for the very first time in June:colondollar: I'll just have to do my best. Really dreading the interview in case my answers don't match the NHS values

Ah right so have you done your A levels yet? Yeah me too! I really hope that they think my values match up to the NHS :s-smilie:
Ah right so have you done your A levels yet? Yeah me too! I really hope that they think my values match up to the NHS :s-smilie:

Don't worry too much about the NHS values, I'm recently employed in the NHS and waiting for my interviews for Radiography too, basically the values are just as simple as showing that you care for the patient, colleagues and the NHS itself, that you are committed to the job and providing the best patient care and how you can work well with colleagues and patients alike and are prepared to improve and expand in the future.

I honestly think anyone who wishes to be part of a healthcare profession holds these values anyway, just be true to yourself and remember it is about providing the best for those in your care no matter who they are :smile:

I did my A levels years ago but none of them were in Science. I've done an Access course to Science and now doing my GCSEs:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending