The Student Room Group

The girl I've liked for ages, beinG unresponsive

Righteo.

So basically, a pretty lass that I've known, and got pretty close to, has moved to the same city as where I work post-Uni. We got close during Uni and I had good info that there was some potential there, but for various reasons I never properly went for her.

Any ways, at our graduation she told me she was moving, and that we should meet up. Sounded good, but since then basically every time I attempt to nicely contact her, she never responds to my texts. It takes her weeks, to the point I thought my phone was going wrong. She responded saying her phone had broken, and after by,ping into her during ,my break at work-where we had a great chat-I've got no respons again.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
Seems like every girl ever.

Anyways, she could always be busy, perhaps she is not interested in you as being more than friends but that doesn't mean she doesn't like you. Lots of girls I talk with take ages to respond
I would leave it at that and move on
It seems like she was being polite when you bumped into her, but she doesn't really have an interest in developing things further
Original post by Peggs94
Righteo.

So basically, a pretty lass that I've known, and got pretty close to, has moved to the same city as where I work post-Uni. We got close during Uni and I had good info that there was some potential there, but for various reasons I never properly went for her.

Any ways, at our graduation she told me she was moving, and that we should meet up. Sounded good, but since then basically every time I attempt to nicely contact her, she never responds to my texts. It takes her weeks, to the point I thought my phone was going wrong. She responded saying her phone had broken, and after by,ping into her during ,my break at work-where we had a great chat-I've got no respons again.

Thoughts?

Forget it, move on to other pursuits. You're a fully functioning adult no time to waste worrying about what shes doing, if she responds cool, if she doesn't also cool
Reply 5
Thing is every time I think it may be a lost cause, I see her/hear from her n a way that re-ignites my interest. Why would she suggest we saw each other when she moved, and then not act upon it?
Reply 6
To be honest its not a good sign. It seems like she has plenty of offers and you're far from top of the list. It's either ask her out clearly and see where you stand or give up and move on.
Reply 7
See I don't know whether she's as difficult to figure out as it seems, or if I've been over-analysing.
Sounds like she was playing hard to get to see how much you would chase her, I would forget her.
Original post by Peggs94
See I don't know whether she's as difficult to figure out as it seems, or if I've been over-analysing.

I think you might be over analysing this. Start a convo if need be then invite her out.
Reply 10
She takes weeks to answer? Yeah, she's probably not interested. But I hate girls who do that, it's disrespectful not to answer or take age to do so.

I would try to move on or just be honest with her. You don't have to tell her you like her if you don't want to, but just ask why she takes so much time to answer a text.
bruh just fall back, if she doesn't message you then it means she didn't notice the lack of your presence in her life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending