The Student Room Group

So, Muslims, why won't you ever condemn terrorist attacks?

This poll is closed

What is your stance?

I am a MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks 37%
I am a MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks 3%
I am a MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks 2%
I am a NON-MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks 57%
I am a NON-MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks 1%
I am a NON-MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks1%
Total votes: 196
Do I have your attention?

The title of this thread is troll bait. Here is the place where I invite TSR's Muslim users to:

1. post their own condemnations of terrorism and the Paris attack
2. post the condemnations of prominent Muslim organisations in the UK, France, Europe and worldwide
3. post the condemnations of political leaders in Muslim countries.

In addition, please vote on the anonymous poll so that we can present quantitative statistics.

Let's show these trolls the strength of the Muslim response against Islamic terrorism, from individual young British Muslims to the largest Muslim organisations in the world.
:pierre: Liberté Égalité Fraternité :turban:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

gifs

edit: OP baited me :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
Let me educate you via gifs.

Hopefully this puts your misconceptions to bed. Better get changing that title OP.

Do you even read the post before commenting?

"The title of this thread is troll bait"
Original post by harinimnida
Do you even read the post before commenting?

"The title of this thread is troll bait"

Na I didn't really read it.

He baited me good. I'll edit my post a bit lol. Take a rep.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
gifs

Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif

The idea that the problem is only "a few" Muslims is beyond delusional, and completely at odds with the evidence. The entire culture is broken, and should never have been brought to the UK. At this stage, the main concern should be how we eradicate it from the country.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by poohat
Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/2009/12/17/little-support-for-terrorism-among-muslim-americans/

The idea that the problem is only "a few" Muslims is beyond delusional, and completely at odds with the evidence. The entire culture is broken, and should never have been brought to the UK. At this stage, the main concern should be how we eradicate it from the country.

where in that article does it say that?
Original post by scrotgrot

The title of this thread is troll bait. Here is the place where I invite TSR's Muslim users to:

2. post the condemnations of prominent Muslim organisations in the UK, France, Europe and worldwide

In addition, please vote on the anonymous poll so that we can present quantitative statistics.

Let's show these trolls the strength of the Muslim response against Islamic terrorism, from individual young British Muslims to the largest Muslim organisations in the world.

by the way the paris attack if you are talking about charlie hebdo there was no solid evidence or proof that the muslims done before in wars there were people who have dressed as muslims fighting in wars whih does not make them muslims this is how muslims are shown to evryone that they are bad when they are not and what i will say is that most people know the media contains propaganda without 100 percent evidence and also in my opinion what charlie hebdo did was wrong and yes he was racist but telling you one thing i think that the attack which happened was wrong i just think truely islam is not that tyoe of religion which encourage to fight is the way people portray it
Reply 7
Original post by nutcase13
where in that article does it say that?

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif
Original post by poohat
Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif

Thats unfortunate. Hopefully many have given up this view after 10 years.
gifs

Where were you on the thread where we had Muslims telling us the people who have made this statement have no religious authority.

And cair are a Muslim brotherhood front. No better than the nazis of the 30's.
Reply 10

Haha thanks for making this thread OP
Original post by BaconandSauce
Where were you on the thread where we had Muslims telling us the people who have made this statement have no religious authority.

And cair are a Muslim brotherhood front. No better than the nazis of the 30's.

Well I wasn't there. I was probably oblivious to it's existence. Well let me assure that some from that gif definitely have religious authority. e.g. the Saudi clerics.

Yh, I'm not going to believe you on that tbh. Sorry.
Reply 12
Thats unfortunate. Hopefully many have given up this view after 10 years.

lol good one

It doesnt say what the breakdown for the other options are, you are assuming that the other 30% fully support suicide bombings in all circumstances nice b8 m8
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by poohat
lol good one

I don't really understand your sense of humour.

The study you shared said that, in 2004, 65% of Pakistanis held the view that suicide bombings were ok against civilians. In 2006, only 13% of Pakistanis held that view. So you should be able realise that people can change their views over time. A lot has happening in the world since 2006, so hopefully the British Muslims have wisened up too.

Im a muslim and i strongly condemn these vile and brutal attacks on innocent civilians in Paris these people r not muslims and i stand with the people of paris at this hard time.
Dr Tahir ul Qadri, who is a prominent Islamic scholar and released a 600 page fatwa against terrorists, has strongly condemned these attacks and has said terrorists are not muslims and are the enemies of humanity.
Reply 16
I don't really understand your sense of humour.

The study you shared said that, in 2004, 65% of Pakistanis held the view that suicide bombings were ok against civilians. In 2006, only 13% of Pakistanis held that view. So you should be able realise that people can change their views over time. A lot has happening in the world since 2006, so hopefully the British Muslims have wisened up too.

Numerous surveys have shown that young British Muslims are more radical than the older generation. If the number has changed, it will have gone up, not down. You are being delusional.
Original post by poohat
Numerous surveys have shown that young British Muslims are more radical than the older generation. If the number has changed, it will have gone up, not down. You are being delusional.

You are simply thinking what you want to think of Muslims. You are just determined to think only the worse about them.
Should have made this a public poll!

"The UAE stands firm against the global scourge of terrorism and is an important part of the international fight back against the evil murderers who rejoice in the deaths of innocent men, women and children.

Within hours of the terrible mass murder in Paris leaving at least 120 dead in more than six sites, President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan expressed the UAE’s complete solidarity with France at this difficult time, and its support for all measures aimed at fighting and eradicating terrorism."

http://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/gulf-leaders-join-global-condemnation-of-paris-attacks
As I said in the other thread, i'll repeat here:
Those posting news that some scholars and leaders "condemn" attacks- there is nothing surprising. Of course they will. Do you think it would be sensible to admit that they support it if they really did and planned something like that themselves?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending