The Student Room Group

Is this a FWB or more?

Scroll to see replies

You've known him 6 weeks, of course he wants to take it slow, he barely knows you really. He might be messing round with other women, I don't know either way but you cant just assume that the man you've known for 6 weeks isn't interested because he doesn't want a committed relationship yet.
He's either not wanting a relationship with the person he hasn't even known for 2 months or it is FWB, honestly you would have had a better idea of which if you didn't sleep together so soon.
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy i've known for about 6 weeks now. We met at work, and I didn't see him like that at first, but as I got to know him a bit more, I realised I was attracted to him and I also noticed that he was flirty with me, though didn't know if he was just a flirt in general.
I tried to find excuses to spend time with him out of work and he was always up for meeting and very nice, but I couldn't tell if he was interested. We went out once or twice alone, and once with a mutual friend.
Anyway, I found myself liking him more and more, so one day when we were messaging, I told him i'd like to go on a date with him sometime and he agreed.
We went out and we ended up getting on brilliantly, and kissed quite a lot.
There was a lot of chemistry and sexual tension between us, and the next time we met we slept together.
I told him that I wanted to date him, and he told me that he just wanted to 'take it slowly' as we hadn't known each other that long, so I agreed.
Anyway, we see each other once a week at work, and in between that we've been messaging a lot. Some of the texts are quite explicit, but many are just general how's your day going, making jokes etc.

Anyway, the other night he asked if he wanted to spend the night with him. I did, and I just really enjoyed being there with him, cuddling him and just talking about stuff. I'd really like a relationship, but I don't really know how to go about it.
I know we've not been seeing each other long, but I really like him. The thing is, I have no idea if he is seeing anyone else. I don't think he is, but I noticed there is a girl he's always messaging, and dunno if it's just a friend or something more.

My friend told me to be careful with someone who doesn't want to commit. I do really like him and I would like to call him my boyfriend. Does it sound like he's only looking for one thing. I mean we go out and eat together, talk about other stuff etc. and I always try to help him with things, but I don't know what he's looking for with me.
Original post by BekahMay
You've known him 6 weeks, of course he wants to take it slow, he barely knows you really. He might be messing round with other women, I don't know either way but you cant just assume that the man you've known for 6 weeks isn't interested because he doesn't want a committed relationship yet.
He's either not wanting a relationship with the person he hasn't even known for 2 months or it is FWB, honestly you would have had a better idea of which if you didn't sleep together so soon.

To be honest he's clearly said he doesn't want a relationship and also he is meeting another girl, think that clearly says it will never be anything other than a bit of fun and sex.
Original post by Rock Fan
To be honest he's clearly said he doesn't want a relationship and also he is meeting another girl, think that clearly says it will never be anything other than a bit of fun and sex.

The OP didn't say that, it just said messages about a girl who she didn't know was a friend or more, either way I still think for me anyway at 6 weeks of knowing someone that I would be saying lets take it slow
Hi, thanks a lot for all the replies.
I haven't really done a fwb thing before and initially I thought it would be ok and easier because of being very busy. However, I guess my feelings for him have grown a lot and I've become very attached. We do text every day and talk about work and other stuff, it's not just 'sexting'. It's funny though because at first it was him really keen to see me, but since we spent the night together, he hasn't suggested meeting up (well he did once, for me to help him with work, which we did)
I've not no intention of being a 'stroppy dickhead' with him, in reply to the other poster, I said that I was going to stop coming across as keen because there is no point if he isn't interested in anything more.
But I was just not sure whether he genuinely would just like to take it slow and eventually have a relationship, or he has absolutely no intention at all and he really did just want sex.
My mutual friend yesterday told me, I think he really really likes you..
so that's good news at least. :smile: I mean he is quite affectionate in general, in front of people who we both know, and stuff.
If he's adamant he does not want a relationship then of course it will be disappointing, but I know I will have to accept that and respect it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending