The Student Room Group

Who is worse, a bomber pilot or a terrorist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Genocide is better? How about the Iraq/Iran war which had an estimated death toll of 500,000? In fact it is estimated that under Saddam's rule 70 - 125 civilians died everyday due to his actions.

That doesn't sound better to me.

Yeah, ignore what i said i just read about Iraq's history briefly , it's much worse in terms of casualties. Although a lot of people in the west don't care if millions die in the middle east as long as it doesn't directly affect them. So in their mind genocide which is limited to one country is better than terror attacks which affect a fraction of the population in their own country.
NATO/Coalition pilots are operating under strict rules of engagement. They only go for those who cause terror (Jihady John for example).
Let's look at this from another perspective: NATO (mainly the USA) & Russia have between them probably 99% of Earth's nuclear weapons . But they'll rightly never nuke ISIS terrorists because of the crazy amount of collateral damage it'd cause.
Now, what would happen to the world if you gave jihadist pigs nukes? No more world as all they want to do is kill. Their fight for "freedom" isn't just imposing oppression as a means to get to an end, it is their end game.
I don't think any sleep should be lost by anyone who is on the side of true freedom & liberty.
They are attempting to stabilise an unstable nation. Terrorists are attempting destabilise.

Mainly due to the dictators which have ran them for so long.

I know you want to blame the West but they were not stable places before the West intervened.

I don't want to blame the West although they've played their role in helping to destabilise countries.

What you've effectively said however is that Russia are trying to stabilise a country which their ally Bashar made unstable in the first place. That doesn't sound too good.
Original post by newpersonage
The terrorists who attacked Paris believed that they were fighting for a good cause and even died for it. They mercilessly killed civilians.

The pilots who fly bombing raids over Syria, rubbelizing the whole country and killing thousands of civilians also believe they are in the right.

No war has been declared by the Western forces and although the ISIS forces have declared war on the West this was not an "official declaration".

Who is worst?

There is no equivalence to be drawn, here, and anyone who draws it implicitly supports the animals responsible for the Paris attacks.
Original post by Scott.
See the left wing nut jobs are out in force.

Better than a racist homophobe because that is what all right wingers are right? Oh wait hold on I'm just generalising aren't I.
Reply 25
Original post by AlifunArnab
Even though bomber pilots kill considerably more civilians?

Do they? They don't actually kill more. The US has killed 18,000 ISIL terrorists and about 400 civilians in airstrikes over 15 months. That is over 7000 combat flights. When you divide it up, not every pilot will have killed a civilian and some may have killed a couple. Equally, those 18,000 ISIL terrorists easily would have killed 50 or 100 times as many civilians as the American pilots did if they weren't killed.

Equally important, the pilot is not targeting civilians, that is an unfortunate byproduct of terrorists. So very much unlike a bunch of thugs walking into a restaurant and deliberately killing random civilians

Frankly, we are sick of terrorist apologists and Islamist sympathisers. **** off
Reply 26
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Better than a racist homophobe because that is what all right wingers are right? Oh wait hold on I'm just generalising aren't I.

That's ironic given you're the one who is so keen to defend the Islamists who throw gay men off tall buildings.

There is no group more right-wing and fascistic than ISIL, and apparently you love them
I don't want to blame the West although they've played their role in helping to destabilise countries.

What you've effectively said however is that Russia are trying to stabilise a country which their ally Bashar made unstable in the first place. That doesn't sound too good.

Syria was unstable well before Bashar became President. .
Original post by woIfie
Do they? They don't actually kill more. The US has killed 18,000 ISIL terrorists and about 400 civilians in airstrikes over 15 months. That is over 7000 combat flights. When you divide it up, not every pilot will have killed a civilian and some may have killed a couple. Equally, those 18,000 ISIL terrorists easily would have killed 50 or 100 times as many civilians as the American pilots did if they weren't killed.

Equally important, the pilot is not targeting civilians, that is an unfortunate byproduct of terrorists. So very much unlike a bunch of thugs walking into a restaurant and deliberately killing random civilians

Frankly, we are sick of terrorist apologists and Islamist sympathisers. **** off

Do you have a source?
Reply 29
Original post by newpersonage

The pilots who fly bombing raids over Syria, rubbelizing the whole country and killing thousands of civilians also believe they are in the right.

You are confused (or a lying thug).

Western airstrikes in Syria and Iraq have been highly targeted strikes. Only 400 civilians have been killed as against 18,000 ISIL terrorists killed over 15 months. That is obviously different to ISIL thugs gunning down 128 civilians in a single day.

Western airstrikes look a little something like this (strike at 50 seconds in);

[video="youtube;eDS_eA3FcU4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDS_eA3FcU4[/video]

Boom, headshot. Four revolting terrorist thugs dead and no civilians injured. Obviously that is on a different moral plane to your terrorist heroes
Original post by woIfie
That's ironic given you're the one who is so keen to defend the Islamists who throw gay men off tall buildings.

There is no group more right-wing and fascistic than ISIL, and apparently you love them
Hu? Where have I been defending Islamists? Oh wait, you're assuming I'm a "lefty" and hence assuming I defend Islamists? Talk about irony, have you not understood the obvious satire and sarcasm at play here?
Reply 31
Do you have a source?

I'm not going to play games with terrorist sympathisers. You know exactly where you can find the number of ISIL members killed.

**** off
Syria was unstable well before Bashar became President. .

That's because his father was also a tyrant.

Guess which country put his father into power?
They are attempting to stabilise an unstable nation. Terrorists are attempting destabilise.

In what way is Russian bombers stabilizing Syria??
Original post by woIfie
I'm not going to play games with terrorist sympathisers. You know exactly where you can find the number of ISIL members killed.

**** off

Do I?
Even though bomber pilots kill considerably more civilians?

Care to back up that statement? A guided bomb only hits what it's aimed at, and Western air forces take great pains to ensure that as few civilians are around as possible before targeting something. Obviously there are occasional mistakes such as that hospital in Afghanistan, but the vast majority of victims of air strikes are in fact terrorists.
Reply 36
Do I?

Terrorist troll. Added you to my ignore list. Goodbye
Reply 37
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Not an expert in Iraq's history , but surely it's better than just pure anarchy. That area is now a breeding ground for terrorism which will affect the rest of the world.

The genocide of an entire race is better than a few years anarchy?

You are a sick individual, and yet another terrorist sympathiser dirtying up TSR.
Original post by woIfie
The genocide of an entire race is better than a few years anarchy?

You are a sick individual, and yet another terrorist sympathiser dirtying up TSR.

When i said it's better , i was saying that belief is one which is held by a large portion of the west. Of course , genocide can never be justified.
Original post by Arbolus
Care to back up that statement? A guided bomb only hits what it's aimed at, and Western air forces take great pains to ensure that as few civilians are around as possible before targeting something. Obviously there are occasional mistakes such as that hospital in Afghanistan, but the vast majority of victims of air strikes are in fact terrorists.

Are we talking only coalition strikes ? In any case, read this :

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/isis-us-led-airstrikes-civilian-deaths-claimed

That's exactly the issue I have. The bombing in Kunduz was not a mistake. It was intentional.

Original post by woIfie
Terrorist troll. Added you to my ignore list. Goodbye

Bye. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending