The Student Room Group

Application

I am a year 12 student in Northen Ireland, I'll be finishing my GCSEs in May 2016, I may be moving to Scotland after I finish them, I was wondering what I exams I would sit over there and if these would possibly affect my chances of applying to a university?
Original post by bslevin
I am a year 12 student in Northen Ireland, I'll be finishing my GCSEs in May 2016, I may be moving to Scotland after I finish them, I was wondering what I exams I would sit over there and if these would possibly affect my chances of applying to a university?

Scottish highers are he equivalent of the A-level. And it will not effect your chances at all
Reply 2
Original post by Snasher350
Scottish highers are he equivalent of the A-level. And it will not effect your chances at all

Would I just have to do one more year of school there because I think they go to university a year earlier?
Original post by bslevin

You'd do 4-5 Highers in 5th year, then 3 Advanced Highers (if you're applying to English unis) or a mix of Advanced Highers/more highers.

You'd just carry on as normal I assume. So, you'd go into S5 (our equivalent of your year 13), then S6 (our equivalent to your year 14).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending