The Student Room Group

I need help

I'm a year 11 student and I need help with my options the 2 that I definitely know I'm going to do is RS and sociology. However I need help because I'm not sure if I should do Business or not? Can you please help me make a decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is hard for us to make the decision for you, we can just give you guidance.

Business is a good subject to pick as everyone will end up working for a business at some point. By studying business it will help you to understand what happens behind the scenes of a business and also it can help you become more employable. For example it will help you to understand what employers are looking for in job applications and interviews.

If you would like anymore help of what business will invovle then just feel free to get in touch
Reply 2
Original post by nottreece
It is hard for us to make the decision for you, we can just give you guidance.

Business is a good subject to pick as everyone will end up working for a business at some point. By studying business it will help you to understand what happens behind the scenes of a business and also it can help you become more employable. For example it will help you to understand what employers are looking for in job applications and interviews.

If you would like anymore help of what business will invovle then just feel free to get in touch

Thanks for the advice :smile: I got another question- What is better Economics or Business?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me personally I prefer Business to Economics, however is most business courses you will normally cover Economics on a small basis.

Economics obviously just focuses on the Economy, so if you enjoy learning about the economy then Economics might be good for you :smile:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Reply 4
Original post by nottreece
For me personally I prefer Business to Economics, however is most business courses you will normally cover Economics on a small basis.

Economics obviously just focuses on the Economy, so if you enjoy learning about the economy then Economics might be good for you :smile:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thank you 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm studying business at A level and its a really good subject in my opinion-You will look at Marketing, how to start your own business, loads of great stuff, I definitely recommend it!:smile:-Do not hesitate to message me if you need help with any business work!
Reply 6
Original post by lubna.saeed
I'm a year 11 student and I need help with my options the 2 that I definitely know I'm going to do is RS and sociology. However I need help because I'm not sure if I should do Business or not? Can you please help me make a decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely recommend pursuing Business if you are interested in the subject. At your stage in academia it would be sensible to explore the range of subjects. Although RS and Sociology are relatively linked, Business Studies is quite a diverse and demanding subject. However, you will develop valuable skills which will certainly help you in the future. Not only interpersonally but also employability wise.

Before my A levels I always wanted to go into the field of Computing, I chose Media, Business and Computing at AS/A level and realised that actually I found Business Studies so much more interesting, this lead me to doing my undergraduate degree in Business & Management and now currently studying a masters degree in Human Resource Management.

I would say if your interested, then go for it! you never know until you give it a go! and as i already said, at this stage its all about exploring what you really enjoy and want to study.

Good Luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Bazymac
I would definitely recommend pursuing Business if you are interested in the subject. At your stage in academia it would be sensible to explore the range of subjects. Although RS and Sociology are relatively linked, Business Studies is quite a diverse and demanding subject. However, you will develop valuable skills which will certainly help you in the future. Not only interpersonally but also employability wise.

Before my A levels I always wanted to go into the field of Computing, I chose Media, Business and Computing at AS/A level and realised that actually I found Business Studies so much more interesting, this lead me to doing my undergraduate degree in Business & Management and now currently studying a masters degree in Human Resource Management.

I would say if your interested, then go for it! you never know until you give it a go! and as i already said, at this stage its all about exploring what you really enjoy and want to study.

Good Luck!

Is Business better than Economics do you think? My Family have been saying to me Economics is much more interesting. What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by lubna.saeed
Is Business better than Economics do you think? My Family have been saying to me Economics is much more interesting. What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My opinion will kind of be biased because my background is in business, but I do have friends who study economics.

Economics is focused mainly on as it says economics. it is a complex subject but prospects are good in the subject.

Business certainly has elements of economics as its an important factor in the subject. The good thing about Business is the diversity in the subject, you will cover not only economics but also finance, HR, Management, Leadership, Marketing just to name a few. At this stage where you are not entirely sure in the route you would want to go down, studying the range of subjects in business could help you find what you enjoy the most so you can specialize later. having business can possibly open more doors when applying for your degree as economics is more of a specialty unless you do business and economics together.

Business qualifications are widely acknowledged by many employers. Especially at managerial levels. Business is everywhere and either way at some point you will end up working for one.

Quick Reply

Latest