The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Usually, thematically is the best way to approach any question as if you do it chronologically it's really easy to slip into narrative.
Reply 2
^^ I agree with the above. You can be more analytical to if you do it thematically :smile:
Reply 3
thematically is always best, and it's more interesting to read too! we've been told never to use chronology in essays, because you end up repeating yourself when (if you do it thematically) you could deal with the same issue from a number of perspectives all at the same time....

:smile:
Reply 4
Thematicially.

It's easier to answer the question as opposed to just telling a story.
Thematical = Analytical!

:smile:
Reply 6
I agree with all of the above, chronological will give you the lower band marks (C and D) but for a good answer it needs to be analytical.

Plus thematic answers give you the options to jump through time (if ya get my meanin) in terms if you notice similarities which you can refer to. In a chronological answer, any kind of time travel can be very confusing to the reader.

Hope thats of some help.
If you were to write it chornologically, then you'd find it very hard to make links, show continuing themes, and so on- you'd be referring to later periods and so on and you would end up in quite a mess.

Thematically is the way to go- it allows you to have a paragraph on each theme, make links, stress continuity and change, etc., and most importantly to analyse. You'll be able to look at the change in relations and assess its importance, alongside other factors, and then come to a balanced judgement.

Latest

Trending

Trending