The Student Room Group

Oh look, we were right AGAIN

Scroll to see replies

I wonder how many more innocent people across Europe are going to be killed in this way. Those people murdered last night shouldn't have to pay the ultimate price for the poor judgements of our governments. We need to protect the UK before this happens here.
Original post by billydisco
Letting terrorists enter Europe is okay?

There are terrorists right there in the UK, and in France. Do you propose to remove everyone of every ethnic persuasion to some far away land?

They can get in either way, the refugee/migrant is just an extra way
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
No, you're responsible for this, because it sure wasn't the left that was calling for the invasion of Iraq that allowed Isis to exist.

Yeah and France - who just got targeted in case you missed the news - not only did not participate in the Iraq War, but they outright condemned it.....
Reply 83
Original post by returnmigrant
There is NO proof for any of these assumptions or rumours about the origin of the bombers.

In the meantime, keeping nonsense like this off TSR would seem more responsible than trying to whip up knee-jerk racism.

There's that word again. How the **** is any of this racist?
Original post by PetitBourgeois
If you advocate getting surgery which has a 0.0001% chance of resulting in death for the patient, you're advocating ... death for the patient.

So by admitting hundreds of thousands of unvetted military aged men (as is the vast majority of these people) from this region has only a 0.0001% chance of including terrorists, even though ISIS themselves stated they will transport operatives in this mass?

You're telling us this right after the Paris attack where at least one participant was transported into Europe in this way?

It's like taking in ten homeless people into your home. 9 them are OK but you know for a fact that one of them will stab you in the face with a hunting knife. Your position is that we should let them all in on the basis that the 9 are OK (although even this is debatable given that we have no idea who any of them are).

It's like someone has to make a giant stamp of a diagram of this and bludgeon you over the head with it repeatedly until you get it. Until you get what everyone has been telling you for ages now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by silverbolt
There are terrorists right there in the UK, and in France. Do you propose to remove everyone of every ethnic persuasion to some far away land?

They can get in either way, the refugee/migrant is just an extra way

What has this got to do with admitting more terrorists in to Europe?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Yeah and France - who just got targeted in case you missed the news - not only did not participate in the Iraq War, but they outright condemned it.....

Well done for completely misunderstanding what I said. I did not say anywhere that France was targeted due to participation in the Iraq War. What I did say was that Isis was allowed to come into existence by the power vacuum created by the Iraq War.
Reply 87
Original post by SHallowvale
If this graphic is correct then 2 out of the 180,000 Syrian refugees taken this year are terrorists.

The likelyhood of you dying in a car crash is greater than that. OP, when are you going to start campaigning for a ban on cars?

Do you think we should ban everything which has even the slightest chance of going wrong and causing death? Or are you only reacting to this more violently because of pre-existing prejudice against and hatred of Muslims?

Yep, it's a sad state of affairs, by shutting the borders to any future genuine refugees just because of the small possibility a tiny minority of them could be terrorists, you're may even be giving ISIS what they want, that's arguably one of their motives in this attack to fuel tension turn Europe against the migrants and Muslims, do ISIS not want a war with the west? The Syrian passport is reportedly a fake, why would you carry a fake passport to carry out an act of terror knowing you're going to die as clearly was the case for the attackers, I get the sense that it could have been a deliberate plant to fuel tensions and hatred.
and therefore its fine to let some terrorists in to Europe?

No, it is not fine to let some terrorists into Europe. That was not what I said, and is a totally illogical conclusion to what I did say. I simply said that it is the right's fault that the atrocity in Paris happened, because right wingers pressed for and started the Iraq War, which caused the power vacuum that allowed Isis to exist.

One of the things I've noticed about right wingers is that whatever you say, no matter how innocuous, they twist it out of all proportion and make you sound like a terrorist-loving psychopath. It's strange. They all do it.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
No, it is not fine to let some terrorists into Europe. That was not what I said, and is a totally illogical conclusion to what I did say. I simply said that it is the right's fault that the atrocity in Paris happened, because right wingers pressed for and started the Iraq War, which caused the power vacuum that allowed Isis to exist.

One of the things I've noticed about right wingers is that whatever you say, no matter how innocuous, they twist it out of all proportion and make you sound like a terrorist-loving psychopath. It's strange. They all do it.

It's called a straw man :wink:
It's very simple. Will letting no refugees into Europe mean that terrorism is impossible? No. Any less likely to happen, even? No. There you go.
Saving lives doesn't benefit us. But saving some of them could kill us.

Oh and I'm fairly certain a country the size of Turkey could accept every single one of them. Lets just give Turkey money to look after them.

So you propose that as humans, we should be absolute *****?
Not sure anything good has ever come of that either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by ThomasPassion
It's very simple. Will letting no refugees into Europe mean that terrorism is impossible? No. Any less likely to happen, even? No. There you go.

Think you'll find the answer to that bit is "yes".
Reply 93
Original post by hellodave5
So you propose that as humans, we should be absolute*****?
Not sure anything good has ever come of that either.

Its *****sh to protect yourself?
(edited 8 years ago)
Its *****sh to protect yourself?

Yes, but I feel you're making a misattribution. There is no evidence that there has been any terrorist involvement of those seeking asylum.
Then there is the fact that you have to balance risk with gain (humanitarian). You can't just say '**** you world'... surely. There is no great danger.
Especially when we sort of primed all of these problems with involvement in the Middle East.
Think you'll find the answer to that bit is "yes".

Of course not. You think once someone's made the decision to die for their cause, they're going to be stopped because - it's difficult to travel?

You've got to remember that ISIS is an engine - an incredibly good one - for moving resources. Money, people and weapons. It's like saying better border controls could prevent mossad from entering the UK. You're not thinking about how sophisticated this organisation is.

There is nothing less 'moral' than citizenship or rights of movement and residence. It could not be less 'earned'. So there's only a pragmatic argument, which does not hold up.

Honestly, whoever believes refugees should not be allowed into the UK, should not be allowed to remain in the UK.
It's about what kind of people and what kind of values we want over here, isn't it?
Original post by SmellyProtein
Shouldn't have let any refugees in, maybe some of the younger children but that's it.

The refugees aren't at fault, nor are the people who let them through the country.
Terrorists are to blame for this full stop, if a British man went to France and did the same thing, they wouldn't stop all British people from coming through.
Original post by clumsyfooting
The refugees aren't at fault, nor are the people who let them through the country.
Terrorists are to blame for this full stop, if a British man went to France and did the same thing, they wouldn't stop all British people from coming through.

ISIS came through as refugees. Should never have let them in like we did.
Pack of wolves in a herd of sheep.

ISIS are smart, they know that blending in with the refugees is the easiest way to get into the West.

I wouldn't be surprised if thousands have already returned via this route.
Original post by SmellyProtein
ISIS came through as refugees. Should never have let them in like we did.

These people are highly intelligent and strategic so even if refugees weren't allowed in, they would have just found another way to get into France.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending