The Student Room Group

One attack in France and the whole world goes mental!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fidus Achates
All pro Islam countries getting exactly what is written in the book and what they signed up for. The day one of those countries decides to turn its back on Islam and become secular is the day I might start wanting to help it. However, you can only help those that want to help themselves.

France is not an Islamic nation and is a European nation with predominantly Western values. This is what separates it from the countries above and this is why we should stand by France, our fellow European nation, and help it enforce the superior Western values that have enabled us all to speak so openly and freely on a forum like TSR today.

Yet.
Original post by MAINE.
Out of curiousity, where is your avi from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

one of my attempts at cartoon
Original post by kirsty953
Just because this is something people have been half expecting it doesn't stop them being shocked when it does finally occur.
If a relative is seriously ill and told they may not live long, you'll know that they won't have long to live but it still doesn't stop the family feeling shock and upset when that relative does pass away.

I'll be upset but it wouldn't come as a surprise, or a shock to me.

I mean, the timing may give you a little "Oh" but that wouldn't last long and will not even be remotely comparable the the shock expressed at this event.
Original post by Farage is a hero
Yet.

Exactly. It's bound to happen.
Reply 144
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Why exactly are we "shocked"? Did we not expect an attack to hit us? Surely you can't be suggesting that our citizens are completely oblivious to the actions, and their subsequent consequences, our governments conduct overseas?

I don't think any one expects to be gunned down whilst sitting in a restaurant, I don't think any one walks around fearing for their life. Did these attacks target decision makers or those involved in government? No. They targeted ordinary people going about their business. The perpetrators of these attacks don't know or care about the views of those they kill.
Reply 145
Original post by Fidus Achates
I would care. Venezuela is not an Islamic country so therefore is not asking for this. Islamic nations know what they've signed up to, so should not cry for help when extremist militant Muslims carry out Jihad in the name of Allah. If people in those countries like Pakistan want true peace then they should follow a religion of peace, like Buddhism, not one that promotes violence, like Islam.

oh, please.. There have been several events (current and in the past) concerning buddhist monks killing muslims and justifying their actions and explaining that it wasn't against their religion. You just need to accept that every religion has extremists that use religion as a way to hate and initiate violence.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I'll be upset but it wouldn't come as a surprise, or a shock to me.

I mean, the timing may give you a little "Oh" but that wouldn't last long and will not even be remotely comparable the the shock expressed at this event.

ISIS's antics matter less to me than a squirrel stumbling, its a distraction I can easily ignore as I have far more interesting, fun and important things I'd rather focus on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending