The Student Room Group

Making a move on the first date?

Seen lots of forums about it, but its mostly targeted at people in their mid/late 20s so i need your guys advice. Im 19 and i've got a date coming up on tuesday, i think we've both connected well and have the same intentions, send plenty of kisses in chats e.c.t. As this is my first EVER date, im bricking it. It came across my mind about how i would show my intentions to her? I understand that its all dependent on how the date goes and if she's up for it, and for all intents and purposes lets say she is, how would i go about showing how i feel? Hold hands? Hug? Kiss? I dont know :frown::frown: I dont want to try anything which could ruin my chances in the long run, plus we've never spoken in person before so this is a first for that too.
Reply 1
If things go well during the date you can try offering holding hands as you walk back. And even, if the mood seems right, move in for the kiss. Alternatively if you're less certain just as her about another date towards the end of this one. If she says yes it's a good sign and you're probably on for a kiss next time.
Original post by Anonymous
Seen lots of forums about it, but its mostly targeted at people in their mid/late 20s so i need your guys advice. Im 19 and i've got a date coming up on tuesday, i think we've both connected well and have the same intentions, send plenty of kisses in chats e.c.t. As this is my first EVER date, im bricking it. It came across my mind about how i would show my intentions to her? I understand that its all dependent on how the date goes and if she's up for it, and for all intents and purposes lets say she is, how would i go about showing how i feel? Hold hands? Hug? Kiss? I dont know :frown::frown: I dont want to try anything which could ruin my chances in the long run, plus we've never spoken in person before so this is a first for that too.

Just go with the flow and be yourself, that's the best way to approach the date.
dress and look smart, be nice to her and don't talk to much (like me lol) and keep it interesting and short and offer to take her home and give her a simple kiss on cheeks cos on lips she may think it moving too quick. good luck. I'm going to a singles night this coming Wednesday so you're not the only one this week
(edited 8 years ago)
Smack her ass and wink when you first greet her/him/it.
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
If things go well during the date you can try offering holding hands as you walk back.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. do i just go straight out and say "you want to hold hands?" Its awkward in a sense that i dont want to make it awkward if she doesnt want to.. if you get me. Plus for me that sounds immature as f***, but then again i've never been on a date so thats how it could go.
Reply 6
Yeah thats what i was thinking. do i just go straight out and say "you want to hold hands?" Its awkward in a sense that i dont want to make it awkward if she doesnt want to.. if you get me. Plus for me that sounds immature as f***, but then again i've never been on a date so thats how it could go.

Don't ask if she wants to hold hands, that's what you do in year 5. Judge how well the date is going, how she reacts towards you with things you do/say. If you're walking her home then just be confident and reach for her hand (onbsiouly if you think she will let you) aside from that just kind of brush yours against hers when you're walking and see if she reaches for it. Or if she's walking with her arms folded or hands in her pockets you're out of luck haha, but you could put your arm around her
Reply 7
Original post by Darien91
Don't ask if she wants to hold hands, that's what you do in year 5. Judge how well the date is going, how she reacts towards you with things you do/say. If you're walking her home then just be confident and reach for her hand (onbsiouly if you think she will let you) aside from that just kind of brush yours against hers when you're walking and see if she reaches for it. Or if she's walking with her arms folded or hands in her pockets you're out of luck haha, but you could put your arm around her

Yeah i was thinking that would be a better idea than asking like a 10 year old lol. Its happened a few times where i've brushed hands and nothing has realy happened, but then again theres been times where she has had her hands by her sides next to mine, i've done nothing and she's put them in her pockets.. I guess i just have to man up and do it, try not to waste that opportunity if you get me.
Reply 8
Yeah i was thinking that would be a better idea than asking like a 10 year old lol. Its happened a few times where i've brushed hands and nothing has realy happened, but then again theres been times where she has had her hands by her sides next to mine, i've done nothing and she's put them in her pockets.. I guess i just have to man up and do it, try not to waste that opportunity if you get me.

Brushed hands with her or someone else? Yeah that part there is a signal, her hands next to yours is asking you to hold them, and when you don't she puts them away. how many times have you seen her?

honestly, just go for it. (if you get a good vibe from her during the date) The worst thing she can do is move her hand away or put them in her pockets, but then you can judge if she's actually interested, then either bring it up to her another time or decide whether you want to make the effort
Reply 9
Original post by Darien91
Brushed hands with her or someone else? Yeah that part there is a signal, her hands next to yours is asking you to hold them, and when you don't she puts them away. how many times have you seen her?

honestly, just go for it. (if you get a good vibe from her during the date) The worst thing she can do is move her hand away or put them in her pockets, but then you can judge if she's actually interested, then either bring it up to her another time or decide whether you want to make the effort

With someone elses, like i said i didnt do anything about it, and now i've realised i probably should. I've only seen her once, i felt the vibes were pretty good.
We talked almost all of the night and realy connected with eachother. We hugged and broke the whole touch barrier thing which was alright. But yeah i'll go for it this tuesday and hope for the best.
Thanks for the advice!
Reply 10
[QUOTE=Anonymous;60645359]Yeah thats what i was thinking. do i just go straight out and say "you want to hold hands?" Its awkward in a sense that i dont want to make it awkward if she doesnt want to.. if you get me. Plus for me that sounds immature as f***, but then again i've never been on a date so thats how it could go.
Just offer your hand and see if she takes it. The way she holds it also gives insight in to her enthusiasm. Let us know how it goes..
Original post by Zarek
Just offer your hand and see if she takes it. The way she holds it also gives insight in to her enthusiasm. Let us know how it goes..

Alright, i tried to send another reply but the mods havent approved of it.. ¬_¬
Thanks though, hopefuly it will go well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending