The Student Room Group

Putin sends 150k Russian soldiers

Vladmir Putin sends 150k Russian soldiers against 5k ISIS fighters. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609757/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military
It's about time someone put an end to those brainwashed extremists. I don't think they'll stand a chance. What do you think should happen to all those fighters who survive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmed766
Vladmir Putin sends 150k Russian soldiers against 5k ISIS fighters. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609757/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military
It's about time someone put an end to those brainwashed extremists. I don't think they'll stand a chance. What do you think should happen to all those fighters who survive?

Amongst all the "condemnations" by leaders, I have to say I like that Russia is taking action. I am not one for wars and intervention, but this I believe, is justified.

Survivors should be imprisoned, and handed over to the authorities once the wars are over.
Reply 2
Good. I'm glad Putin is taking some concrete steps; the rest of the world has been dithering and wringing its hands for far too long. Personally, I'd execute all ISIS fighters that survive.
Original post by Ahmed766

Those extremists are everywhere probably hiding in every country so as sad as it sounds their going to need a lot of soldiers to fight against them
Finallly.
Go Russia!!

27th october that newspaper brah.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good. I wonder if they will do anything to Mosul seeing as there are plenty of civilians there under ISIS.
Reply 7
Putin's main priority is keeping Assad in power, don't know how legit the source is
Original post by James A
Good. I wonder if they will do anything to Mosul seeing as there are plenty of civilians there under ISIS.

Jurgen Todenhofer's interview make it clear that bombardment of cities held by ISIS is a terrible idea. Military strongholds and convoys need to be bombarded, cities need ground invasion - but not by russian troops, they should be regional. This is a very bad move.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've never liked Russia much but kudos to them for doing something about ISIS
Russian wars never go well. The soldiers are usually ill equipped, ill disciplined, and it usually results in them losing many soldiers often for silly reasons. Their military has a long history of corruption, bullying, alcoholism, and drug abuse, not to mention careless use of the equipment that they do have. Young Russian men will be sent to war, and the ones that do survive whether it be as a whole human being or without a leg or an arm will be neglected by the Russian system for the rest of their lives. Thrown onto the heap.
Russian troops will just go in there, kill and rape the country for a few years and then leave. I doubt they'll leave it in a better condition.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Russian wars never go well. The soldiers are usually ill equipped, ill disciplined, and it usually results in them losing many soldiers often for silly reasons. Their military has a long history of corruption, bullying, alcoholism, and drug abuse, not to mention careless use of the equipment that they do have. Young Russian men will be sent to war, and the ones that do survive whether it be as a whole human being or without a leg or an arm will be neglected by the Russian system for the rest of their lives. Thrown onto the heap.
Russian troops will just go in there, kill and rape the country for a few years and then leave. I doubt they'll leave it in a better condition.

Russia is a mobstate

Brainless idiots complain about America, but we complain about America because America is willing to self-criticise and be open about yankee soldiers who break the rules. When the Russians invaded Georgia in 2008, there were thousands of rapes, tonnes of murders, the Russians are brutal.

EDIT: It's a real danger because you cannot expect Muslims to be brutalised and not react.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ubisoft
Putin's main priority is keeping Assad in power, don't know how legit the source is

Keeping Assad in power = maintaining some order = chance of democratic change if a UN supervised general election can be announced, which Assad has already agreed to hold so long as we stop funding rebels
Not keeping assad in power = dismantlement of Syria = condemnation of all countries with syrian refugees

Can you name a single rebel group that isn't less than 50 people in size and which has never cooperated with jabhat al nusra, or ISIS? Because the so called 'FSA' sells ammunition to ISIS and conducts joint operations with al nusra. The only non-government groups in Syria with any credence are Hezbollah, the YGV and the Iranian ground troops.
I completely support russian intervention in syria assuming they're working with the soveriegn government (assad in this case)

But lets be realistic those russian soldiers will inevitably collide with assads opposition the 'moderate rebels' we've been funding infact i suspect that is putins main motive; to ensure assad remains in power. Syria is a vital strategic geopolitical area for russia.

Also didnt america recently send a handful of special force soldiers to syria? ... what if they collide. This could end terribly. Really curious how america will respond to this.
Reply 14
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Jurgen Todenhofer's interview make it clear that bombardment of cities held by ISIS is a terrible idea. Military strongholds and convoys need to be bombarded, cities need ground invasion.

Jurgen Todenhofer isn't qualified to say. He has no military background and expertise whatsoever.
Original post by ubisoft

Well they are allies.

Anyway,God bless Putin.
Original post by Howard
Jurgen Todenhofer isn't qualified to say. He has no military background and expertise whatsoever.

But he does know that civilians forced to live under isis are being killed in droves by bombardment in higher numbers than isis fighters.
Original post by queen-bee
Well they are allies.

Anyway,God bless Putin.

Assad is the reason Daesh did so well in Syria, because Assad massacred Sunnis and this is the blowback from his policies.
Original post by The Rad Prince
Assad is the reason Daesh did so well in Syria, because Assad massacred Sunnis and this is the blowback from his policies.

He should've just stepped down back when the revolution started. instead we are left with this mess and innocent people dying
Reply 19
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Keeping Assad in power = maintaining some order = chance of democratic change if a UN supervised general election can be announced, which Assad has already agreed to hold so long as we stop funding rebels
Not keeping assad in power = dismantlement of Syria = condemnation of all countries with syrian refugees

Can you name a single rebel group that isn't less than 50 people in size and which has never cooperated with jabhat al nusra, or ISIS? Because the so called 'FSA' sells ammunition to ISIS and conducts joint operations with al nusra. The only non-government groups in Syria with any credence are Hezbollah, the YGV and the Iranian ground troops.

I know Assad is still a better option than what's going on now. Just saying not to twist the headline for clickbait. He's not going to fight ISIS, that may come about as a secondary objective.

afaik FSA is ISIS. The original group was madeup of hardline Salafis; and what do you know, US arms them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending